• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Alex Tew's MillionDollarHomePage 2: Pixelotto

Status
Not open for further replies.

007

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
1,376
Reaction score
5
Anybody else get the email from Alex Tew just now?

I just reserved the very first spot on the top left of his new homepage. :D

The site is not up yet but the domain is www.pixelotto.com :-)

On Digg: http://digg.com/offbeat_news/Alex_Tew_s_MillionDollarHomePage_2_Pixelotto

Hi

I have some very exciting news I'd like to share with you.

Next week, on 5th December, I am launching a new venture called 'Pixelotto'.
It's similar to The Million Dollar Homepage only this time I will be giving
away $1,000,000!

It's all based around pixel advertising and generating big traffic for
advertisers. Visitors play for free - all they have to do is click on the
ads for chances to win the jackpot. The more they click, the more chances
they have - and the more traffic you receive.

As a valued customer of The Million Dollar Homepage, I'd like to give you an
exclusive opportunity to purchase advertising space on Pixelotto before the
site goes public. The world will be watching next week and this is your
chance to get on-board before everyone else.

The following link will give you exclusive access to Pixelotto, where you
can buy ad space right now:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

If you have any questions don't hesitate to e-mail me and my team at
[email protected]

I look forward to welcoming you on-board for this new pixel adventure!

Cheers,

Alex Tew

Pixelotto
http://www.pixelotto.com

Pixelotto Limited is registered in England & Wales. Company no. 05972757
 
Bought $900 worth of ad space last year on the MillionDollarHomePage but I won't be doing it this year. A large portion of the MDHP success was the fact that he was going to pay tuition fees at the uni he was attending. But since then he has dropped out. What a bum!
 
Well this one is a charity one.. and I don't see where he will make any direct money from it. I'm sure he has other plans. Perhaps the unveiling of another project at the peak of MDHP2?

Either way he's already sold close to $5k on the new site in under an hour....

I figure for $200 I can't go wrong. I got in early and got the desirable top left spot. I'm sure that will pay for itself. :wink:
 
I still get traffic from my 30x30 pixel "A" at the top right of MDHP :D but this time, at double the cost you will be lucky to get clicks - non-targeted on top of that - on a 10x10 square. So I will pass, and use that money for a Yellow Pages ad instead.
 
I wonder how many typos of 'Pixelotto' have been regged already?
 
I still get traffic from my 30x30 pixel "A" at the top right of MDHP :D but this time, at double the cost you will be lucky to get clicks - non-targeted on top of that - on a 10x10 square. So I will pass, and use that money for a Yellow Pages ad instead.

I still get clicks too actually. I'm glad I used a subfolder as my link last time. I've been redirecting it to what I want to promote at the moment. :-)
 
He's already sold $9,000 in spots...... !!!!
 
I still get clicks too actually. I'm glad I used a subfolder as my link last time. I've been redirecting it to what I want to promote at the moment. :-)

All you need is a .htaccess redirect based on the referring URL.

Well this one is a charity one.. and I don't see where he will make any direct money from it. I'm sure he has other plans.

Did you read the intro text? He's selling ad space at $2 per pixel. The lottery gets half of this, plus $100k go to the charity. So he's projecting a $900k intake.
 
Oh, I didn't realize he is keeping $900k............... that's good for another year's work...!!

Wow..
 
I wonder how many typos of 'Pixelotto' have been regged already?

I grabbed many typos already - I looked for typos of pixel.com that had overture and regged the pixelotto.com equivalents
 
google will see pixelotto as incentive clicks if anyone has adsense on their pages being advertised, more adsense accounts bite the dust.
 
I won't have any contextual ads of any sort on my page I'm going to advertise. :-) That's a good point though. But then again, traffic is traffic. The advertisers aren't paying people or asking people to click their ads. I'm not sure why this would be a problem having adsense on your page..
 
I won't have any contextual ads of any sort on my page I'm going to advertise. :-) That's a good point though. But then again, traffic is traffic. The advertisers aren't paying people or asking people to click their ads. I'm not sure why this would be a problem having adsense on your page..

Well, here is the email they send when they discover this type of traffic coming to your site , pixelotto offers an incentive for clicking ads, its against the TOS.

"It has come to our attention that invalid clicks or impressions have
been generated on the Google ads on your site(s) through users of
third-party programmes paid or provided with other incentives to visit
your site. Such programmes may include, but are not limited to
auto-surf, pay-to-surf, pay-to-read or pay-to-click sites."
 
But can Pixelotto be considered any of those? Nobody on the site is being paid to be there unless you count the one guy who will win the Mil...
 
But can Pixelotto be considered any of those? Nobody on the site is being paid to be there unless you count the one guy who will win the Mil...

For sure it is an "incentive" to click site , its the exact same thing in theory as any of those lotto sites around, which will also get your adsense account terminated if you advertise with them.
 
Big difference between having an incentive to click the Adsense banner and having an incentive to click a link to go to a website which contains Adsense.
 
Big difference between having an incentive to click the Adsense banner and having an incentive to click a link to go to a website which contains Adsense.

There is no difference at all in reference to google TOS.
 
So basically it is against TOS to advertise your website if it contains AdSense ads on it? Doesn't seem quite right to me...

Or is it the fact that the traffic is almost certainly 99% untargetted?
 
Or is it the fact that the traffic is almost certainly 99% untargetted?

thats exactly why google does not want incentive traffic , they want to protect their advertisers from #1 - click fraud and #2 - untargeted traffic.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom