Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

alexa and overture a bunch of hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie1278

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes thats what I think. If you read how ratings are determined they are figured out by (Alexa users only) It is determined by people who use the alexa toolbar. How many people use the alexa toolbar? I never heard of alexa until i came to this forum. so the deal with placing a value on your domain using alexa stats means pretty much nothing. Its another deal like overture trying to pump up sales for domains.:confused:

Domain Summit 2024

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
eddie1278

... you are so right! entering a domain name in the Overture Suggestion Tool like this "domainname.com" (without the quotes) is a total waste of time to determine possible typeins ... and to back it up with typing it in with just "domainname" (without the quotes), is a total waste of time to determine possible typeins ...and then type it in with "domain name" (without the quotes) is a total waste of time to determine possible typeins ...

... eddie1278 ... thanks for showing us the way ...

M

mole

cybermanipulation.com

Was the rage in 1998-99. Still is with Alexa and Overture. The only benchmark I use is Google Adwords. It's amazing what you can learn on the relationship between traffic and search engines.

abrams1117

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
entering a domain name in the Overture Suggestion Tool like this "domainname.com" (without the quotes) is a total waste of time to determine possible typeins

--------------------------------------

hmmmmmm, if you have a list of domains that get high numbers like that send em' this was. Afterall its just a waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom