Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Amazon.com registrar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting George..

I wonder if it wont be part of their affilaite program? signup to sell Amazoon products, get your own domain and store front etc...?

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It would also allow them to move all their domain names away from NSI, paying $6/yr instead of what they pay now. I believe they own thousands of domains, so just on the basis of that, it would make sense (I'm surprised Microsoft.com doesn't do the same).

What would be even better is if they start selling SSL certificates, and *don't* go with Verisign/Thawte, but one of their competitors. :)

ps123

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In 1999 AOL was planning to start a registrar service but then their plans disappeared when the merger with TW happened but if amazon goes ahead with its plans then enom can expect a good fight because amazon's USP is low price and big market share.

DotDuDe

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
any idea about Amazon's reseller pricing or it will be consumer oriented?

ps. Enom 6.95 is pretty good pricing anyway.. I don't think you can go MUCH lower to make a good buck, unless you are VERY small company

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom