• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Ammunition.info

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PRED

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
May 21, 2006
Messages
9,128
Reaction score
176
Regged in sept .01 originally.
The .com points to winchester.com & has been tied up since '96 & every reason they'll hang onto forever. All extensions gone. Good overture & google. I like this domain , especially with the .info.
For this one I have no interest in the subject matter though, or knowledge. Think could be a great domain for a rival of winchester's or other big players in this field. Hoping some of you can give me an idea of possible value to an enduser. I have a guide range in my mind, but would be grateful if some of the more experienced sellers on here, particularly of .info domains or have had dealings with big companies, could give some pointers on sales techniques, marketing & /or value. Thanks
AMMUNITION.INFO
 
I dont know if it could compete but it could be a money maker. Id develope into an ammunition info site...duh...with affiliate links to winchester or whoever.

$400
 
common be real, you can't tell me that name is worth only $400 to an end user.
If you're talking end users as in companies, you should be looking at a much better price than that. I would say from $2000 upwards, and a perhaps a whole lot more if the traffic is very good.



http://domains.zenithwebhost.com - the cheapest domain registra on the web!


SaharaDesert.info
CabServices.co.uk
CarTraders.eu
Remortgage.cc
Qrex.net
 
am i not entitled to my own opinion as are you? You make your appraisal ill make mine.
 
i'm not saying you shouldn't have an opinion, but i'm saying you should be a bit realistic with the valueings. That is a generic name and a fairly big market so $400 is a bit of a loose shot.
 
This domain would be very hard to monetize by developing a site and then putting ads on it. Buying ammo on the Internet is at best a very grey area and programs like Adsense do not allow it. Your best bet is an end user with an existing brand.
 
i'm not saying you shouldn't have an opinion, but i'm saying you should be a bit realistic with the valueings. That is a generic name and a fairly big market so $400 is a bit of a loose shot.

I think he is being realistic with his $400 pricetag, I think ammunition is not a generic word that goes as well as locations for this tld. I think $2000 is too high of a value, you will find sellers of good .com names in this field (like ammostore and such), maybe not a generic term, but still better than the generic .info. , its always easier to put a price on something than actually paying for a domain. I am not saying that he couldnt sell this domain for a certain price, there is always the argument of some super motivated buyer 1:1000000 shot out there, but I think you gotta be realistic, its still a .info, ammo is the better word and that is hard to monetize over the internet, if you are saying its worth $2000 to a regular enduser it also means you as a reseller would pay 500-750 right now..I could see it fetch 100-150 in auction right now maybe, but are you willing to put up $700 yourself right now?...its a good domain, but I think you gotta wait until the .infos become better as a whole class which I think will happen, but we are giving appraisals for now values not for what could happen if ...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom