Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

angry with SEDO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

owndomain

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here is my email sent to Sedo.

Hi there,

I do not know why, I paid for one month showcase of special.cc, but I found my domain is only shown in www.sedo.com, not in www.sedo.co.uk.

Ok, I accept it.

Now, I found my domain of special.cc is disappeared in the showcase, not at www.sedo.com, not www.sedo.co.uk!

Please explain it, it is just several days!

Regards,

Hu

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see my listed homepage "featured" domains aren't there either!

What is going on!

I expect that Sedo will place my three listed domains on all versions of Sedo's homepage ...

drugscreening.com
branford.com
fingerprinting.com

PLUS...

*ADD 5 additional days* to all the above listings to compensate for them not being shown before in the featured listings; show them all again on the Sedo homepage for at least a few days to ensure I get what I expected for my money.

If this is not possible, please delete the listings and refund the money I paid for the listings in full to my AMEX. I'd prefer to avoid the chargeback route.

http://www.wyomissing.com/bennett/sedo-com-false-advertising1.jpg

Ron Bennett

p.s. it's already bad enough that they are only shown on the homepage for a few days at most ($39 is a bit steep for that, but figured it might pay ... so far I'm not so sure) - now it turns out my listings were never shown on the Sedo homepage at all for some visitors.

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello from Sedo,

Please email us at Sedo if you have a question about a particular order/issue.
I'm afraid I cannot adequately address individual concerns on the forum.
Please don't forget to include your Sedo log-in name.

Kind Regards,

Nora Cotter
Key Account Manager

SEDO.COM :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites

tel +49 (221)-420-758-287 :: fax +49 (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: url: www.sedo.com

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
While I understand that you may not want to discuss a specific domain listing here, it appears there is a system-wide problem with how Sedo displays "featured listings".

Surely you can address the overall issue here ...

1. Is the "featured listings" problem being corrected?

2. Are affected customers going to receive additional listing time, including on homepage for a few days and/or refunds?

Answering the questions here would greatly help; fixing and making good on what was promised to all affected customers would be even better...

Ron

Addendum: I see the problem still has not been corrected; was hoping it was just a glitch.

I'll try contacting someone at Sedo - though one would think one of your customer reps would have contacted me by now ... bad PR can be costly!

Ron

Just sent sent this to Sedo support ... also posting it here for Nora Cotter's reference.

My listed homepage "featured" domains are not shown on all versions of your homepage. For example, they do not appear on sedo.co.uk

What is going on!

Please place my three listed domains on all versions of Sedo's homepage ...

drugscreening.com
branford.com
fingerprinting.com

PLUS...

*ADD 5 additional days* to all the above listings to compensate for them not being shown before in the featured listings; show them all again on the Sedo homepage for at least a few days to ensure I get what I expected for my money.

If this is not possible, please delete the listings and refund the money I paid for the listings in full to my AMEX. I'd prefer to avoid the chargeback route.

Regards,

Ron Bennett

Legend.name

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd list a .us name as featured domains a week ago, it appeared at Sedo.com for 1 or 2 days, then it moved & appeared at Sedo.us only.

I received an offer for the name at the first few days, since I need cash & due to the low appearance at featured domains, I accept the offer.

Sedo already received the buyer payment & I'd push the name to Sedo account.
Until now I haven't receive my payment via paypal, or any e-mail support from them.

websitedeveloper

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You're lucky "it appeared at Sedo.com for 1 or 2 days" as the last time I used this service, it seemed to have dissapeared after only a few hours!

Legend.name

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
clicknow.to said:
You're lucky "it appeared at Sedo.com for 1 or 2 days" as the last time I used this service, it seemed to have dissapeared after only a few hours!

It appeared for only a few hours within the 1 or 2 days.

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello from Sedo,

Please note that the domain is only on the front page list until replaced by newer entries.
The domains are rotated.

The significance of a featured listing on a secondary page should not be underestimated - many prospective buyers only browse the featured listings and your domain gets priority in our search facility.

The rotational basis of the Featured Domains positioning is outlined on the order page.

We are currently processing several changes at Sedo.
Thanks to all of the suggestions and feedback received by DNForum members and other valued customers, we are in a position to strive to update and improve our services.
We appreciate your concerns about the featured listing section and we are hoping to develop a new featured listing ordering system in the near future.
This new system would include several new features, including the opportunity to select which homepage the listing is to appear on.

However, at the moment, we are continuing to provide the service as described on our homepage.
Kind Regards,

Nora Cotter
Key Account Manager

SEDO.COM :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites

tel +49 (221)-420-758-287 :: fax +49 (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: url: www.sedo.com

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

owndomain

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Today I found my showcases of special.cc disappeared again from Sedo. I did not mean homepage!

I mean here:

http://www.sedo.co.uk/search/searchresult.php4?language=e&showcase=1

Please do not say it is now on sedo.com. I paid my money for full version of Sedo, if I am not wrong.

Moreover, I trust sedo.com will also delete "automatically" my listing soon.

I am tired of asking you again and again, and perhaps you also are tired of puting special.cc again and again.

So today I asked for full refund.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'll try to keep this as brief as possible for the sake of DNForum ...

Sedo representative Nora Cotter wrote
...Thanks to all of the suggestions and feedback received by DNForum members and other valued customers, we are in a position to strive to update and improve our services...

Does Sedo really value customers? A refund of my $117 USD would be a good place to start!

On a related item, I went through my credit card records, I was charged $117 USD on my VISA ending in 4004 - forgot Sedo doesn't take AMEX, which is what I use most places, but I digress.

Please let me know the refund status here and/or via email/PM.

Thanks!

Ron Bennett
Sedo ID: ron1000

Ricado

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm a newbie of domain market.
To see as above, I'm not sure if sedo a good place to park my domain.:huh:

owndomain

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sedo is a good place to sell your domains.

But they can do it better, especially in their program to list featured domains, I think.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Parking and selling are two very different areas of expertise with different requirements and expectations of all parties concerned. Something to keep in mind when discussing Sedo or any of the numerous companies offering similar services.

Ron

Bramiozo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A question to Sedo, do I get a notification of the listing and does the rotation-system guarantee my name to be exposed for a total of 30 days ?

owndomain

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is said they will rotate it within 30 days, but in my experience: NOT!

Your listing will disappear, and in the last, you will be tired of notifying Sedo again and again to put it back.

If Sedo will not refund me (I believe), Ok, I will also accept it, let the money fly away.

Bramiozo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hmmm, it's weird anyhow because the names that are featured are pretty much the same every day, a daily or even an hourly rotation would be much better wouldn't it, summing to a total of 30 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom