Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

another day...more questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

methods

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have more questions...hope I am not asking to much but here goes:

If I buy and sell domains is this considered a business and am I subkected to taxes?

When I register these domains I want to sell should I register them with my name and real contact info or should I make a company name and get a po box
and another phone line just for biz.....I asl this cause it freaks me out having my contact info and phone on these registries...

I f I do register as a company , when I push a domain does it make it more difficult, do I have to fax a letterhead etc.

Again I know I have asked alot in the first two days of being here but I am overwhelmed by all there is to learn.

Thanks all

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have more questions...hope I am not asking to much but here goes:

If I buy and sell domains is this considered a business and am I subkected to taxes?

Legally, yes. But I suspect most people keep it under the radar.

When I register these domains I want to sell should I register them with my name and real contact info or should I make a company name and get a po box
and another phone line just for biz.....I asl this cause it freaks me out having my contact info and phone on these registries...

Either way is equally acceptable, as long as the information is accurate

I f I do register as a company , when I push a domain does it make it more difficult, do I have to fax a letterhead etc.

It shouldn't be different based on that. The only indicator of difficulty in transferring is which registrar you use - some make it more difficult than others.

Again I know I have asked alot in the first two days of being here but I am overwhelmed by all there is to learn.

Thanks all

methods

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am usuing 1 0n 1 hosting and sedo, seem to be partners they say as long its after 60 days theres no problem to transfer.

Thanks for your help.

AbsolutelyFreeW

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you use private registrations to not be listed in the registries.

methods

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what do you mean?

who should I use?

AbsolutelyFreeW

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
most domain registrars have it. it is called private registration, or dns/whois masking :)
your current registrar should have it otherwise you could pm me.
also if you are using 1&1, I have heard they have automatic renewal and to cancel it they require you to fax them :O see this thread
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=56678&highlight=oneandone

opportunitymagic

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
not a really big fan of 1and1, would recommend (at least this is what I would use) GoDaddy or a WWD reseller for private regs, the whois is listed in their name by proxy for you, your private info is not displayed. You can register pretty cheaply through the domain service button on the top of the dnforum to the right. DNF and GoDaddy/WWD have a partnership going and the prices are reasonable.

methods

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
At the site i dont see many answers to my concerns:

can you have unlimited domains and easily manage and push them easily
do they have domain parling where you can have a for sale page and get paid for clicks like sedo has
can I have say more than 1 domain active and hosted with same plan
is the 99$ including hosting and if so what do you get
does that template shop have to be on you index page

their site is very ...uninformative...but i am covinced on the 1 on 1 thing
i actually registered 3 domains with them the other day and it took them 2 days
to make it live...

i have a few other domains with a company called omnis and took them a few hours.

but i will say at 1 on 1 they give you alot for your money 6 dollar regs, and their hosting has incredible stuff like for 10 a month you can have 3 domains active free.

but overall to many bad things i am hearing about them

AbsolutelyFreeW

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hehe it seems their advertising works :)

I searched for a parked page, don't know how they look like but I doubt it will be anything else than a 1and1 advertisement page. no benefit for you.

their hosting seem cheap. but do they give you a commercial controlpanel like real hosting? if its anything like other domain registrars selling hosting you better not be with them and get real hosting instead. llok for cpanel, plesk, directadmin hosts...

all in all domain with hosting is scam, becuse they dont want to release it to you for just a month, and then you need to give them money month after month to get them released.

if you just give a few dollars more for each domain, you dont need to dodge for this kinda things..

methods

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yea 1 on 1 is the worst, i know it for sure now...i registered two name like 2 days ago and its still not ready and registered another site last night with someone else and that ready....1 on 1 is a joke, dont ever use em, plus you have to log in with your domain name cant change it or make a user name.

and if you dont fax them they will automatically renew your names...never heard of such a thing , I want out but have to wait the 60 day thing.

AbsolutelyFreeW

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well I did warn you.. :)

dotti

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Going for the po box is a good idea. All my domains have my po box as the address and I have not come across any problems so far using that.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
depends on country USA requires businesses in USA to send a 1099 for business income earned, the 1099 is forwarded to IRS (income of 600.00>)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators