• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Any value or use for .us.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2006
Messages
14,984
Reaction score
1,302
You don't see this in use that often. The extension .us.com.

How and when would YOU use it?

Serious question looking for serious replies.
 
I havent seen too many sales of the extension. I wish the momentum would pick up..I have seen alot of generic ones open. I can see them selling in the future, just not in todays market. If you have a generic term there is no reason why you cannot develop it, if more become developed and advertised the market will pick up. Are you planning something for yours?
 
When you choose to 'give up' on any type ins and know you will lose some traffic to the equivalent .com and .us or both
 
I have 2 with good keyword. They get no traffic so i dont know what to do with them.
 
Are you planning something for yours?
I don't have any yet but I found one that I REALLY, REALLY like that is not regged. Yes, it would potentially and most likely would be developed.
 
I remember I was going to reg CreditUnions.us.com at one point but the $100 reg fee was too expensive for an extension that wasnt established. It may still be open.
 
I remember I was going to reg CreditUnions.us.com at one point but the $100 reg fee was too expensive for an extension that wasnt established. It may still be open.
Whoa! Hadn't even got that far yet. $100 reg fee? I might need to shop around for that reg fee. Any suggestions? A known name registrar?
 
Last time I checked it was $100. It may have changed now...I believe there is only one registrar that offers them.
 
Last time I checked it was $100. It may have changed now...I believe there is only one registrar that offers them.
There certainly isn't many. It looks like $49.50 per year, minimum 2 years if I am seeing things correctly...right in line with the $100 bill, but I may not be seeing things right. 415 a.m. thing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom