• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Anyone ever try paypal money market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2005
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
0
I noticed (for some time now) that paypal lets you convert your paypal funds into shares in the money market. Has anyone ever tried this?

If so, did you get a decent Return? Any thoughts?
 
I use it, and get my interest deposited by the 1st of the month:

Currently earning 4.03%
 
I use it too. Earning 4.03%

I don't really keep much in my paypal account so it doesn't make that much of a difference.

But beware:

"Money market funds are neither insured nor guaranteed by the FDIC or any other government agency. Although the Fund seeks to preserve the value of your investment at $1.00 USD per share, it is possible to lose money by investing in the Fund."

Prospectus:

https://www.paypal.com/en_US/pdf/PayPal_Prospectus.pdf
 
its nothing to write home about..if you want to invest buy generic .coms
 
I use Paypal Money Market and it's rewarding & undoubtably easy to earn back a nice 4%.
 
never tried it, always thought it was a bit too risky as there are no guarantees...
 
thanks for the insight guys. It looks like a steady ~4% is the ROI. May have to try it. Mocus, you're definitly right about the generic .com's but this may be something to try also....
 
Interest increased to 4.19%
 
never used it.....dont plan to in the future as well....
 
For $xx,xxx its not worth it.

But for a few $x,xxx lying around in the paypal account...
 
Rarethings said:
For $xx,xxx its not worth it.

But for a few $x,xxx lying around in the paypal account...

that made no sense whatsoever.
 
mike031 said:
that made no sense whatsoever.

I concur - and I was going to make a statement regarding the poster, but 'tis the season to be jolly... right? :-D
 
mike031 said:
that made no sense whatsoever.

couldn't agree more. lol :-O

-Joe
 
"For $xx,xxx its not worth it.

But for a few $x,xxx lying around in the paypal account..."

What I was trying to say hear, is that for a 5 figure amount investing in the money market is simply not worth it. You might as well invest in something real.

But if you have a few thousand just SITTING in your paypal account (that you are not using), then why not put it in the money market for a month or two?
 
what is the period of the 4% return? per annum?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom