Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

moniker Anyone recently used Moniker Escrow ?

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reclad

Still Breathing
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've always used Escrow.com, but on paper Moniker's escrow looks superior
on a number of points. However, with all the "issues" that now surround
Moniker, sans Monte, I suspect there's problems with their escrow as well ?

Any recent Moniker escrow experiences to share ?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was on the receiving end of an escrow about a month ago.

Seemed to go okay but not sure why I had to jump through so many hoops to get payment, even after the transaction closed.

Also, end-user buyer just initiated an escrow not more than about three hours ago.

Because they were unfamiliar with the process, I gave them escrow.com, escrowDNS.com, and Moniker.com escrow to look at and choose they would be most happy with. They selected Moniker.

reclad

Still Breathing
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was on the receiving end of an escrow about a month ago.
Seemed to go okay but not sure why I had to jump through so many hoops to get payment, even after the transaction closed.
Also, end-user buyer just initiated an escrow not more than about three hours ago.
Because they were unfamiliar with the process, I gave them escrow.com, escrowDNS.com, and Moniker.com escrow to look at and choose they would be most happy with. They selected Moniker.

Thanks for the info.
Appreciated.

May I ask a few followups ?

What type of 'hoops' were required to get payment ?
Did you need to contact anyone at Moniker ? If so, timely response ?
Did you have to take full payment in one disbursement, or could you
have left some funds at Moniker for other usages ?
Is it possible to specify multiple disbursements (presumably with multiple
fees) of the funds to separate recipients ?

Thanks and cheers.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.
Appreciated.

May I ask a few followups ?

What type of 'hoops' were required to get payment ?
Did you need to contact anyone at Moniker ? If so, timely response ?
Did you have to take full payment in one disbursement, or could you
have left some funds at Moniker for other usages ?
Is it possible to specify multiple disbursements (presumably with multiple
fees) of the funds to separate recipients ?

Thanks and cheers.
Those are all very good questions.

You are going to need to file a w-9 form for taxes (US citizen) and even after all of that is done, you still have to wait a few days for them to release the funds. There were some quirky log-in to the account type stuff to request payment.

As for all the other questions, I am sure Moniker can (perhaps) answer those questions for you.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What a ****in waste of time!

This from my buyer:

Ya, we just discovered Moniker.com does not serve California!

We are going to try again with Escrow.com.

Yesterday, these are the messages received:

Hi Gerry.

After a little research, I think we'll prefer Moniker.com's escrow service as they seem specialized for this type of transfer.

If you could please confirm that we are good to go, I will open up the escrow account.

Hi Gerry.

OK, we've created the escrow account... Moniker.com says we have to wait for them to contact us. We'll let you know as soon as we have word.

Two days wasted!

Fuvk moniker/oversee.
Bunch of ****in pansies trying to be real business people!

Last edited:

tm3500

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used them recently?

The payment plan option looks fantastic, if I understand it correctly there is no minimum transaction amount (as opposed to Escrow.com's $75,000 minimum)

Is it possible to leave the proceeds in your Moniker account?

Are there any other escrow options that accept smaller transactions that include installments ($X,XXX to low $XX,XXX total)?

richerr

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i am currently trying to makeup my mind whether to use ecop.com or moniker.com ,as i have never tried out their service.
Regarding Moniker, my domain is registered with godaddy, so will i have to transfer the domain name to moniker directly or will i have to transfer the domain into a godaddy account owned by moniker with will be used for the transaction.
After successful exchange, can moniker pay directly into my paypal account?

Last edited:

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
tm3500 : Who told you Escrow.com has a minimum trans amt of $75,000 ? it would be preposterous if they had that and they do not, I believe $25 is the min trans amt, and do not use Moniker escrow given all the problems they have and right now the company is in disarray, it's a zoo and nothin less (read the latest Moniker threads in that section) Moniker escrow requires the filing of a W-9....? and they don't serve CA ...? (as in California, that little known, forsaken state) ....WTF ... Some escrow services don't serve some countries, but CA ? pretty much the #1 state in the US ? the W-9 thing will bother some people, we do that at tax time on our own initiative, a deal should not be held up because someone hasn't complied with that

Has anyone used them recently? The payment plan option looks fantastic, if I understand it correctly there is no minimum transaction amount (as opposed to Escrow.com's $75,000 minimum) Is it possible to leave the proceeds in your Moniker account? Are there any other escrow options that accept smaller transactions that include installments ($X,XXX to low $XX,XXX total)?

richerr: Why are you choosing between eCop and Moniker ? ditto for Moniker, plagued with all sorts of problems, read all the latest threads, that madhouse situation affects all units, including escrow services, eCop I've never tried. Go to Escrow.com which is the gold standard, minimum commission is $25 or 3.25% (whichever is greater) of sale items up to $5,000. I just posted on another thread about Escrow.com and its being a safe service, and I compared it to Go Daddy for avg sale amounts, sometimes selling the name thru GD Auctions is cheaper (10% commission and just a $5 minimum for items up to $999, above that the parties get sent to Escrow.com but commission falls to 7%)

i am currently trying to makeup my mind whether to use ecop.com or moniker.com ,as i have never tried out their service.
Regarding Moniker, my domain is registered with godaddy, so will i have to transfer the domain name to moniker directly or will i have to transfer the domain into a godaddy account owned by moniker with will be used for the transaction.
After successful exchange, can moniker pay directly into my paypal account?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom