• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Anyone registered Portugal domains before? Help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steen

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
4,853
Reaction score
1
Hi there,

I am having trouble managing my PT domain that I bought. When I go to change the nameservers I get confused.

It asks me for this information:

Domain Name server (primary)
--
Name (FQDN*):
IPV4:
IPV6:

Domain Name server (secundary 1)
--
Name (FQDN*):
IPV4:
IPV6:

Say I want to set my domain as if I set my .com domains- NS1.dsredirection.com and NS2.dsredirection.com. Can someone help me with what info to fill in?

Thank you so much!
 
FQDN means fully qualified domain name so that's where you would enter NS1.dsredirection.com etc. IPs are usually not needed and should be optional. If needed do a reverse lookup on your name servers (a ping will do) to find out what the IPs are.

Just on a side note I thought .pt requires local presence or Portuguese/EU TM ?
 
Have you tried leaving the fields blank?
 
Have you tried leaving the fields blank?
Then I would have no nameservers?
FQDN means fully qualified domain name so that's where you would enter NS1.dsredirection.com etc. IPs are usually not needed and should be optional. If needed do a reverse lookup on your name servers (a ping will do) to find out what the IPs are.

Just on a side note I thought .pt requires local presence or Portuguese/EU TM ?


Thank you but it still doesn't work.

Side note: yes I have local presence.

Even when I can get the form to accept my information without errors the nameservers do not show up in WHOIS.

Strange.
 
For certain TLDs like .de the name servers must meet certain requirements like: at least 2 name servers on different IP ranges or they get rejected by the registry. You need to check if there are any similar requirements in place for .pt.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom