• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Anyone use Avant browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyphix

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2003
Messages
3,609
Reaction score
1
If so...... can you do me a quick favor & test something for me? It would really be appreciated.

Thanks! :-)
 
I've never even heard of this browser.. Is it popular?
 
Rarethings,
its an open source project. A very small community is using it, best information you get on wikipedia about it.

Freddy
 
I used to have it. I liked it then. But when i started to get unwanted popups, i removed it.
 
I been using it for years and I never had any problems.

Popups?
You can block & unblock popup within avant browser.


Jeffreyw said:
I used to have it. I liked it then. But when i started to get unwanted popups, i removed it.
 
copper said:
I been using it for years and I never had any problems.

Popups?
You can block & unblock popup within avant browser.


the way, how it displays the websites is a bit speacial.
does it support already javascript?
I think Avant is really for individualists.

Freddy
 
Rarethings,
its an open source project. A very small community is using it, best information you get on wikipedia about it.

Thanks for the tip. Pretty cool idea, to make an open source browser. I wonder how secure it is.. Is it built off of linux framework?
 
Avant browser is simply an add-on for Internet Explorer.
It's main feature is that it adds tabbed browsing.
I use it periodically.

As far as I've ever seen, it renders web sites exactly like IE.

B.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom