• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

AOL cancellation policy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard the audio clip a few days ago and today it was on the radio news station.

AOL has fired the REP!
 
I went through a similar experience back in 98 when I tried to quit AOL. It is hard for me to believe the service still has members.

There is no where on the site where you can go and just press a CANCEL SERVICE button... They make you speak with an account rep who has all your usage stats and personal info - creepy!
 
LOL too funny. When I do it I just tell them I am moving to the jungle and will not have a computer.
 
Someone should call AOL to cancel an account (while recording the call), and when they ask why tell them you've been accused of picking up young kids for sex in using the AOL account, and will be too busy with the trial to use AOL. The "let's keep you as a customer" pleading by AOL to keep a pedo online should be priceless!
 
JuniperPark said:
Someone should call AOL to cancel an account (while recording the call), and when they ask why tell them you've been accused of picking up young kids for sex in using the AOL account, and will be too busy with the trial to use AOL. The "let's keep you as a customer" pleading by AOL to keep a pedo online should be priceless!

Agreed :-)
 
About twice a year my Adelphia High Speed access goes down for a few hours. I usually plug in a free AOL offer at that time. I always end up cancelling within a month or two. I will never do it again...I'll just go to an Internet Cafe next time.

I called to cancel two nights ago and got disconnected twice after selecting the cancel account prompt. Then, the only way to get an operator was to select another unrelated prompt, which led me to a live person but the wrong department. She said she would transfer me to the correct department so I told her that it better go through.

I reached the live operator to cancel and he started giving me the speech....do you have high speed access, do you have security...on and on. After stopping him politely numerous times, and answering verification questions again, he said that he had to put me on hold in order to delete the account. I was on hold for a legitmate three or four minutes, and most people would have said fifteen minutes because that it was it seemed like. The guy finally came back and told me that it was done....I then made sure I wrote down the confirmation number and had to wait through another cancellation recording/sales pitch saying they were sorry to see me go...had to make sure it was official.

Probably about 45 minutes from start to finish. It won't ever happen again.

Happy Motoring AOL.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom