• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Apple shipping iPod web orders directly from China via Fedex!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
May 22, 2002
Messages
4,567
Reaction score
14
Just ordered an iPod Shuffe (which has been out of stock for months here) at Apple's online store. When I track the shipment via their Fedex link, I actually see that the item was being picked up Fedex in CHINA! I don't know if that is because this order also has the engraving included so they have to custom make it over there, instead of shipping it from their North America inventory. Wonder how much it would cost them (Fedex from China), but they now have free shipping and free engraving included, all for the same price that you can't even get an open box item in local retail store here in Toronto. Weird.
 
Thats weird! I ordered my ipod 30gb a few weeks ago and it shipped from Harrisburg, PA. I didnt think apple would ship from international locations.
 
Like I said, it's probably because of the custom laser engraving service which they did I guess in their Shanghai factory. It took less than 48 hours from pickup in Suzhou (China) to Toronto (Canada), via Anchorage (Alaska) and Memphis (Tennessee).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom