Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed appraisal please

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dotcom

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OK, im ready for the usual " reg fee only" thats OK if that's the appraisal, but i'll explain why I regged it.

I figure a domain name starting with dotcom should be as unique to the internet as possible. The internet consists of 1 thing, web pages, hence web design.

So I grabbed

www.dotcomwebdesign.com

It isn't in any search engines as far as I know and overture doesn't get a good showing either, but would my thinking be on the right track?

Thanks
Mike

Domain summit 2024

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mike,

The domain is rather long for my liking (4 words). I'm afraid I can't say that you got yourself a great domain. Maybe worth more if developed and branded. However, I have seen tons for web design that has much worse names than this. Maybe you could try selling this to them :)

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rephrase: I have seen tons of sites for web desig

I knew somehting was missing :)

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you have to explain it ... it is generally worth nothing. Think, would YOU type this into the browser bar?

This name is just wishful thinking ...Would you pay MORE than registration fee for this name?

dotcom

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fair comment cool newbie,

i suppose it didnt need explaining at all, it was just explained due to me be new in the buying market and wanted to gauge whether my thinking was on the right track, however I appreciate your comments. Thankyou

Mike

I don't think dotcom works as a prefix for domain names, the fact it has ".com" at the end already signifies its a domain name so it becomes confusing and is very hard to communicate verbally.

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I often regret getting a Silly dot com a few seconds after I get it :)

Dot Com WebDesign Dot Com - Keep it worth a bit more than the reg fee. Might even be worth a nice free web design for you - I got many very nice web design for less nicer domains.

Not even close to the value of WebDesign.Com - but get a good web designer interested in it, and you'll be well rewarded.

also - do a search on expired domains, the lists and info about them is great here.

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DotComster

Dot Com WebDesign Dot Com - Keep it worth a bit more than the reg fee. Might even be worth a nice free web design for you - I got many very nice web design for less nicer domains.

Not even close to the value of WebDesign.Com - but get a good web designer interested in it, and you'll be well rewarded.

also - do a search on expired domains, the lists and info about them is great here.

Don't give them false hope ... it's not a good name ...it's posts like this that make people register more worthless names ... STOP!

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by aactive

Don't give false hope ... it's not a good name ...it's posts like this that make people register more worthless names ... STOP!

I really do not want to raise any ones hopes up - I never ever sold a single domain, even when I tried real hard with domains I thought were very valuable.

I have really gotten profesional web design for much less valuable domains than DotCom's.

Anyway - if DotCom does not feel it is worth the registration fee, I can cheet him and take it of his hands, I do need a new web design these days ;)

I agree with aactive, I can't even say its a reg fee domain unforunately.

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DotComster

Meaning - I agree with aactive to - it's a worthless domain to most people, unless a good webdesigner wants it. DotCom is free to let it expire - as I am free to pick it up ;)

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The name makes sense and could look good on a business card. Good webdesigners keep themselves busy with local business.

I would price this name at $250

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators