• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Appraisal Scam Alert for Aaron Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

doc24

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2006
Messages
690
Reaction score
24
Forum Members, be aware of a phony buyer by the way of Aaron Anderson (CEO) approaches people with the I want to buy your domain name and then has a phony forum setup through Microsoft link trying to get the appraisal fees on a deal.....Like that's new

But he did state he watches and is involved with domain forums
 
Upvote 0
Interesting, GUYS BEWARE, I got this from him today....

Hello!

I'm very interested in purchasing M........p.com.

I found it listed for sale.

Please respond with a desired price for your domain in the subject line (in USD, Euros or other currency).

If you have other names for sale please email me your list with prices.

Regards,

Aaron Anderson

CEO

And I responded to him with a $5000 price.... and he said:

I may offer up to 7500 usd for this domain but the final price will depend on an official appraisal results. I have 75,000 usd budget for 10-12 domains.

How can I pay you (PayPal, Western Union, escrow.com etc.)? If this is your first time domain sale I may help you with the sale/transfer process.

Are you a member of domain seller communities/forums? Probably, we know each other under some nicknames?

Best regards,
Aaron Anderson
CEO

For which I responded:

I am on all the domain forums- NamePros, DN Forum and Digital Point.... No problems, except that I am well aware of the "appraisal" scam that prevades so many of these type of offfers... so Mr Anderson, if you want to appraise this fine domain... you have my permission to appraise it and pay for it also.

Still interested? Let me know.......

So far, no replies back.... I wonder why??? Duh? ;)
 
Last edited:
Same email he sent me....He will reply with the scam forum set up etc
 
Its not....It uses a link and is a phony forum
 
I got an email like this from another "sender" for a domain that I listed on eBay.
His hypothetical company is nowhere to be found on the net :cool:
 
I know 99.9% of people on DNF wouldn't fall for this old gag, but this could probably be a sticky thread in Domain Appraisals.

I mean just a simple warning like if you're approached by email for an appraisal of a domain listed here before purchase, avoid it yadayadayada.

This is because gold members join for appraisals and are more susceptible for falling for this...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom