Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed AppraiseNames.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DotDealers

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of AppraiseNames.com? Even though the domain market has slowed down, people are still spending money getting their domains appraised. This one is short, easy-to-remember, and the name let's you know what the business is.

Thanks,

Doug

Domain summit 2024

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
I wouldn't say it's one of the top domains you own over at DotDealers.com, but certainly is meaningful and yeah, easy to remember. I would think it would be great for a domain appraisal site starting out.

DotDealers

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To me, AppraiseNames.com seems more valuable than most of the domains we own.

My thought on this domain is this... The name is fairly short, really easy-to-remember and the name explains exactly what the business is about. I probably would not take less than $1,000 for it. I would think it would be easy for someone to set up a nice appraisal site and charge people at least $10.00 an appraisal (which is cheap compared to many sites). Selling just 100 appraisals would cover the cost of the domain. To make the business grow even faster, someone could start an affiliate program with it and charge $15 a pop and give $5.00 to the affiliate.

Don't you think that is a valid idea?

As you can tell... I really like this domain :)

Thanks,

Doug

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I looked over your site dotdealers, and I also feel this is one of the better, more valuable domains you own. (Along with Hostingwebsites.com)

But then I went to a Whois directory, and checked it out. And all the extensions are available (besides the dot com, obviously).
So even though I see it being a nice name, I don't think there's much of value to it. Otherwise the dot net and org extensions would be taken, at the least. If not all popular extensions.
Just my thoughts.

But, Before I went to the Registrar to check out what's available and what's not, I would have appraised it at maybe $250-$650.

and you really thought you could make money off of it, why would you be in here posting about sellin' it for $1,000?

Again, the action in domains folks is in the development of them.

Originally posted by DotDealers
To me, AppraiseNames.com seems more valuable than most of the domains we own.

My thought on this domain is this... The name is fairly short, really easy-to-remember and the name explains exactly what the business is about. I probably would not take less than $1,000 for it. I would think it would be easy for someone to set up a nice appraisal site and charge people at least $10.00 an appraisal (which is cheap compared to many sites). Selling just 100 appraisals would cover the cost of the domain. To make the business grow even faster, someone could start an affiliate program with it and charge $15 a pop and give $5.00 to the affiliate.

Don't you think that is a valid idea?

As you can tell... I really like this domain :)

Thanks,

Doug

DotDealers

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
and you really thought you could make money off of it, why would you be in here posting about sellin' it for $1,000

Hi NameDepot... I would imagine we have sold many more domains than the average reseller at DotDealers.com. My point was when setting a value on a domain, there are many variables to take into consideration. One of the biggest being income potential and name recognition. When selling a higher priced domain to someone, I make it a point to go over why I think a domain is worth a certain amount of money. That is what I was doing here. If I had the time and the desire, I would definitely build AppraiseNames.com, and I could pretty much guarantee I could generate a grand in no time at all. I just don't have the time and if I did, I think I would rather devote it to something else.

I noticed you think NameDepot.com is worth much more than $5,000, but you would sacrifice taking that much. You do not have a site up, so why would a buyer justify paying $5,000 for it. Where is there money to be made?

I am just interested in your valuation process...

Thanks,

Doug Dillard :)

I'd be willin' to wager it's a "Top Ten" name, for it's industry. (The other 9 contenders escape me, at the moment, actually!).
And if names in the "Top Ten" in any given industry aren't worth money, which ones are?

Talk to the folks that own HomeDepot.com, OfficeDepot.com, BusinessDepot.com, etc. and see what kinds of numbers you hear?

Hi NameDepot... I would imagine we have sold many more domains than the average reseller at DotDealers.com. My point was when setting a value on a domain, there are many variables to take into consideration. One of the biggest being income potential and name recognition. When selling a higher priced domain to someone, I make it a point to go over why I think a domain is worth a certain amount of money. That is what I was doing here. If I had the time and the desire, I would definitely build AppraiseNames.com, and I could pretty much guarantee I could generate a grand in no time at all. I just don't have the time and if I did, I think I would rather devote it to something else.

I noticed you think NameDepot.com is worth much more than $5,000, but you would sacrifice taking that much. You do not have a site up, so why would a buyer justify paying $5,000 for it. Where is there money to be made?

I am just interested in your valuation process...

Thanks,

Doug Dillard :)

DotDealers

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They have all built large, profitable and respectable businesses. Before HomeDepot.com built their empire their name was not worth anything? Anybody could have trademarked it.

Don't get me wrong... I like your name a lot, and I wish I had it, but I can't picture you getting 5K for it.

But that was not my point to your post. You made mention of me building a site, instead of trying to sell it. I was wondering how you can say that without having a site up for NameDepot.com.

I am not trying to start an argument... I was just responding to your point.

Doug ;)

well, go look at the contact email in the whois. That email is no longer valid, and I've been going around and around w/ VeriSign to get it changed.

Before HomeDepot, OfficeDepot built their empires? Sheesh, you might as well say "Before there were telephones....."

You are right, in a way, I probably would have some trouble gettin' even $5K for NameDepot, as a name. Let me build a site that generates even a shit-ass $50 per day (for an example) and then lets see what it's worth?
They have all built large, profitable and respectable businesses. Before HomeDepot.com built their empire their name was not worth anything? Anybody could have trademarked it.

Don't get me wrong... I like your name a lot, and I wish I had it, but I can't picture you getting 5K for it.

But that was not my point to your post. You made mention of me building a site, instead of trying to sell it. I was wondering how you can say that without having a site up for NameDepot.com.

I am not trying to start an argument... I was just responding to your point.

Doug ;)

DotDealers

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Let me build a site that generates even a shit-ass $50 per day (for an example) and then lets see what it's worth?

I agree...

If you could do that... you should be able to fetch at least $10,000. Again... I was just replying to your comment about me not having a site and trying to sell a name!

You sound pissed off... but I was just making a point!

Good-Luck!

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators