Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

are most registration places a bunch of crooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey im kinda new at buying names

I have started looking for names in the last couple of months,funny thing is,i have been looking through expiring lists and stuff like that and had come up with a pretty good list at least i think there good.

Well im pretty slow at picking my names out of the list,so im at this site that is pretty cheap and im putting my names in the cart and backing the page up and adding new ones and before you know it ive been on the site for awhile so when im finally ready to check out there telling me some of my names are not available and look at the who is and some will be out of date for a year ,some say unpaid department stuff like that but one thing is that they will tell where to go to buy it.Like one site it might be avaiable and another site it might not.

There is one that register.com has in the unpaid department but they tell me i can buy it through afternic,and it said in the who is register.com has it in there unpaid department.from about a year ago.
Just like one name i wanted i couldn't buy it for 8 dollars but i could go to another site and have to pay 15 dollars.

I have had chances before to buy these names but didn't and had chances today if i would have zip on through as soon as i hit the site.Just seems like the longer you stay on the site or sites the more stanger it gets.
Anyone else have these problems

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
There are a lot more problems, but the ones you atated are the major ones. One peice of advise - never use register.com or netsol.com - other than that the others are MOSTLY ok. Register.com "unpaid" department is their domain "hoarding" depatrment - unHonest to say the least.

Domain expire - but are picked up quick if they are great. Keep you list however and update it often. Add new sites and toold to your browesers favorites to.

Best resorces is this forum, so keep at it :)

ctn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have never bought from register or netsol.Thats the bad thing about it i might be on three or four good reigster sites and it seems like if you take an interest in a name that is available before you know it becomes semi available.It was like two of my favorite names became semi available very quick.
Oh well will just have to check on them again later while there sleeping hehe
Thanks for the info

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you are paranoid, no offense. I don't think the registrar is snooping in your cart, what I think is happening is you are trying to register names that have expired, but have not "dropped".

ctn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
heres an example i tried to get one at a site and it said unavailable then i click on the who is and it comes up further research shows this site is available click here to throw it in cart.

Try to do it error page comes up .Then i go somewhere to look up who is then it said no match go to register.com to buy .

Go there it said taken click on who is it said no match make offer.then sometimes it will send me to afternic and afternic will say we think its available at register.com go over there ,its not then go back to afternic type it in again and it says make offer.

I know of a few examples im just not that good at typing or explaining on computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators