• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Are spanish .coms worth buying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

namesdencom

Level 3
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2003
Messages
187
Reaction score
4
I bought Viajedemexico.com RentasdeMexico.com vacacionesdecancun.com and wonder If I should continue buying spanish domain names.

Thoughts?
 
Don't buy these combinations with "de".

They don't mean nothing.
 
You should had bought:

vacacionesamexico.com o vacacionesenmexico.com

My advice is talk to spanish speaking people in order to find what is right, before buying.

And YES, keep buying domains in spanish , but be very carefull to have them right.

Don't buy these combinations with "de".

They don't mean nothing.

In this case they dont mean anything, or better, they dont make sense, but in many domains, you need to have "de" wich mean "of"......., like for instance:

ofertasdeinvierno.com winteroffers.com

chicasdecali.com girlsfromcali.com

IMO
 
I have done almost as well in spanish as I have in english domains. There is opportunity to be found in any non-english language
 
Sure omosquera,

They don't mean nothing in these particular examples namesdencom is showing.

'de' is a Spanish word so it's used in many valid combinations as you pointed.

Anyway, domains with 'de' 'en' 'para' etc should be the second option. I prefer ofertasinvierno rather than ofertasdeinvierno.

IMO too
 
Good premium spanish words are an excellent buy, imo. And may get better.

The .es registry is going to allow IDN type registrations for all those accents that naturally appear in the spanish language. This will take place in October. The key here is those that already have the non accented counterpart will have first opportunity to register the native language.

This is a boost to the IDN and perhaps worthwhile.

Spanish words make sense in a .com and a few others. But I tend to agree that spanish words in some ccTLD's make no sense. In other words, find the French, German, Japanese, Italian, etc equivalent to that word you are looking for and reg that. For instance, if you are in Germany and want to vacation on the coast of Spain, what would you type in for your search?
 
^^ I have to agree that .es IDN's are gonna be the -domains to register- but I have to say most of Internet users rather type facil.com (easy) than fácil.com even tho facil is wrong.

The key is to register only those words with the "ñ" , cause theres a big difference between campana.com (bell) and campaña.com (campaign)... see what Im tryn'to say?
 
spanish domains are a very good investment. It will take more time till they get higher prices...but the time will come.
 
I would say they are worth buying - increasing population and less domainers looking for them. If you don't know spanish get a dictionary or get help from a spanish speaker. use the search engines to check the popularity of terms.
 
You should had bought:

vacacionesamexico.com o vacacionesenmexico.com

IMO

Can you provide some generic example of names like this we can look into?

VacaionesA... VacacionesEN... ViajesA...? ViajesDe...?

Also, where do I go to register spanish domains with the tilde over the n and how do I type that on my keyboard?

One more thing, how often do Spanish speaking people use the "La" as in la playa this or la boca de that?
 
Oops, sorry 4 taking so long to answer....

ViajesaJapon.com and similars would be fine to Register.

The "Ñ" is part of the Spanish Alphabet, our keyboard has the symbol next to letter "L" . You can type "ñ" using ALT+164 and "Ñ" using ALT+165.

You can register this at Enom Inc. ; use List Wizard.

We use "la" very often, just as we use "the" in english.
 
Thank you for the help. I registered

Viajesavaradero.com and Viajesalahabana.com

I'll donate some DNF bucks.
 
I agree, buy them if they are right - it's the same like with German Domains, you have to be sure that you got a meaning that makes sense - ask a native was the best advice that could have been given - it's valid for every foreign language
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom