Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

.asia nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

robmac

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I used eurodns and did not pay untill i actually regged them. They have good support so far.
Thier .coms are 18 euros but we are talking about .asia's..........

Domain Summit 2024

zuriko

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got more 2 domains from godaddy:

Supplying.asia
Capitalize.asia

not bad?

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:pop2:

gemsergio

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.Asia sounds such a nice extension I dont understand why they called the European extension .eu and not .europe. Same for .us it would have been so much better .unitedstates or.france, .unitedkingdom you name it.
Yeah .asia has a great bright future within the same range as .mobi.
I lost the bandwagon once again.

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.Asia sounds such a nice extension I dont understand why they called the European extension .eu and not .europe. Same for .us it would have been so much better .unitedstates or.france, .unitedkingdom you name it.
Yeah .asia has a great bright future within the same range as .mobi.
I lost the bandwagon once again.
No worries Mate.. There is always dotTel ;)

mkellerman

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes it has been a night mare

I registered hong-kong.asia

goadaddy charged for it and i got a reciept also. But after an hr or so i get an email stating

The following domain name has failed to be registered:

HONG-KONG.ASIA

Error: Add domain failed for HONG-KONG.ASIA:

We will evaluate this error and retry the registration if appropriate.

If we are unable to successfully register the domain name, your account will be credited accordingly. Please allow one business day for the refund to be processed.

You are not allowed to register country names under .asia. That's probably why your name got cancelled. Read the rules about what you can register before trying to register...

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is no AU-Asia Union,or .asia will be a sweet dream.
Even with that, .asia will remain a distant third (after own ccTLD and .COM). Unlike Europe, Africa or Latin America, Asia is SO NOT ONE. There has NEVER been any Asian concept, and people (as well as businesses) in e.g. Pakistan and Japan never think of themselves as culturally common or geographically close. 2 years? 5 years are too optimistic; my take is that it's a FAILED domain from day 1.

ktechsite

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You are not allowed to register country names under .asia. That's probably why your name got cancelled. Read the rules about what you can register before trying to register...

but why did godaddy allowed me and charged me for tht

zuriko

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
EURODNS are scummers!!!

I used eurodns and did not pay untill i actually regged them. They have good support so far.
Thier .coms are 18 euros but we are talking about .asia's..........

How!!!))) eurodns are scummers!!!

Last edited:

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

There is a list of reserved names, which includes every single country (seriously). Of course this is ridiculous for the asia Registry to claim these domains.

However the country names with dashes aren't on the Reserved list, therefore it is ridiculous that they have denied the registration of these domains. I tried to register The-philippines.asia and didn't get it either, no notification, no refund either.

Btw, I tried to register Unitedstatesofamerica.asia (country name) and went through the regging process, and paid the fee. However whois is showing someone else got the domain. I am still waiting for a refund from Eurodns...

Last edited:

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Too many damn reserves.

Why is Money.asia, Telecom.asia reserved too.

And even AndyLau.asia is reserved

I think the Reserved list includes Sunrise applications and domains Reserved by the registry.

why123

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Too many damn reserves.

Why is Money.asia, Telecom.asia reserved too.

And even AndyLau.asia is reserved

damn, andy lau is reserved too? what the f***!

zuriko

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is a list of reserved names, which includes every single country (seriously). Of course this is ridiculous for the asia Registry to claim these domains.

However the country names with dashes aren't on the Reserved list, therefore it is ridiculous that they have denied the registration of these domains. I tried to register The-philippines.asia and didn't get it either, no notification, no refund either.

Btw, I tried to register Unitedstatesofamerica.asia (country name) and went through the regging process, and paid the fee. However whois is showing someone else got the domain. I am still waiting for a refund from Eurodns...

I got
ABU-DHABI.ASIA

is it wort ?

Last edited:

Jeffreyw

Football Club owner
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are still a few Asian cities and countries to register without hypens, just search around.

I did not register them since my budget was only 30$.

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There's probably 100 .asia domains that can be resold to make some money - in 2-5 years, theres probably 500 that can make the reg fee back.

The rest are a loss.

I didn't grab any and won't ever buy them. It's like regging .ee or eastern europe - pointless, but if it comes out I'm sure a lot of people will rush.

robmac

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There's probably 100 .asia domains that can be resold to make some money - in 2-5 years, theres probably 500 that can make the reg fee back.

The rest are a loss.

I didn't grab any and won't ever buy them. It's like regging .ee or eastern europe - pointless, but if it comes out I'm sure a lot of people will rush.

and thats based on what........your gut feeling as its not based on any fact or figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom