Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Attention! City dot info owners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameMatters

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Greetings,

Can we start a ' Dot info cities club' to promote dot infos for top cities?
It will be something similar to http://www.associatedcities.com for dot com cities.

I believe dot infos will have more appeal when properly promoted for city information/travel sites. If enough number of dot info city owners come together, we can really build a nice network, build and promote our dot info city sites. Once we build the city sites for top 10 or 20 cities across the world, we could promote thru Google/radio/TV etc..media. Anyone finds this interesting?

btw, I own www.Detroit.info and would like to participate in any such network!

thanks,
Sai.

P.S. No offense is made to dot com city owners, infact they may end up getting some 'free' typo traffic from our dot info cities! lol.

Domain Summit 2024

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not into the city .info thing, but if I were I'd think this is a great idea. With a group of you the possiblities can be very rewarding. Not to mention the top backlinks you'd ll give each other. I feel .info is a better fit for place names.

Good Luck and if I find a good place .info I'll buy it and come back for this.

Jack

NameMatters

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good News!

Owner of www.Portland.info and www.NewOrleans.info liked the idea!

Waiting to hear from more 'city dot info' owners!

thanks,

I'm not into the city .info thing, but if I were I'd think this is a great idea. With a group of you the possiblities can be very rewarding. Not to mention the top backlinks you'd ll give each other. I feel .info is a better fit for place names.

Good Luck and if I find a good place .info I'll buy it and come back for this.

Jack

Thanks Jack for the comments. We hope that you will join the club soon!

thanks,

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You know, it would be pretty cool if you could develop a protocol or template of what a city.info landing page should look like. Eventually it would become it's own brand and people would know exactly what to expect when they type in city.info (weather, restuarants, hotels, sites, etc). This would add a lot of value. Sorry I don't have any but the idea has made me interested in trying to find some cheap.

NameMatters

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You know, it would be pretty cool if you could develop a protocol or template of what a city.info landing page should look like. Eventually it would become it's own brand and people would know exactly what to expect when they type in city.info (weather, restuarants, hotels, sites, etc). This would add a lot of value. Sorry I don't have any but the idea has made me interested in trying to find some cheap.

Thanks Duckinla for the comments. Can't wait to see you guys in the infocity club!
Also, I just had someone offer me help to build nice templates for this project..

Guys/Gals, those who own dot info cities, welcome aboard!
those who don't own any such names yet, find some soon before the prices go up!!

P.S. More ideas from Gurus are welcome for this project. We will need Ad sponsors, link partners etc. too as things take shape.

thanks,

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Greetings,

Can we start a ' Dot info cities club' to promote dot infos for top cities?
It will be something similar to http://www.associatedcities.com for dot com cities.

I believe dot infos will have more appeal when properly promoted for city information/travel sites. If enough number of dot info city owners come together, we can really build a nice network, build and promote our dot info city sites. Once we build the city sites for top 10 or 20 cities across the world, we could promote thru Google/radio/TV etc..media. Anyone finds this interesting?

btw, I own www.Detroit.info and would like to participate in any such network!

thanks,
Sai.

P.S. No offense is made to dot com city owners, infact they may end up getting some 'free' typo traffic from our dot info cities! lol.

Great Idea Namematters!
All the best ideas are so simple & obvious, this is no different.
I'm in!
For me 2007 is all about development. The link sharing & word spreading idea is also cool.
I have a number of top city.info's including a capital or two.
Geo & country domains are my primary interest.
I also like the idea about having a stock design that all can fit. Let's not keep this to just cities. All tourist/places etc
Let's keep this thread rolling..........
Happy New Year
Predator
nb: If we start a club we could meet at geodomain.info !
Just bought recently

NameMatters

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great Idea Namematters!
All the best ideas are so simple & obvious, this is no different.
I'm in!
For me 2007 is all about development. The link sharing & word spreading idea is also cool.
I have a number of top city.info's including a capital or two.
Geo & country domains are my primary interest.
I also like the idea about having a stock design that all can fit. Let's not keep this to just cities. All tourist/places etc
Let's keep this thread rolling..........
Happy New Year
Predator
nb: If we start a club we could meet at geodomain.info !
Just bought recently

Thanks PREDATOR, welcome to the club. btw, geodomain.info is a cool name for our club!
More participents are welcome!
Mods, please move this thread to the Gold area.

thanks,

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Name Matters,
sent you a pm. Great to start the ball rolling early.
Like i said in the pm with reseller hosting,sharing a common template, a common linksharing page each etc, this can be done on a shoestring.
We will not only get place.info into the public knowledge a little better but add intrinsic value to our domains, gain traffic & ppc etc
The start of many co-operatives this year on dnf no doubt! ;)
Speak to you soon. Anyone else interested?
cheers
Pred

NameMatters

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Name Matters,
sent you a pm. Great to start the ball rolling early.
Like i said in the pm with reseller hosting,sharing a common template, a common linksharing page each etc, this can be done on a shoestring.
We will not only get place.info into the public knowledge a little better but add intrinsic value to our domains, gain traffic & ppc etc
The start of many co-operatives this year on dnf no doubt! ;)
Speak to you soon. Anyone else interested?
cheers
Pred

Great to have you on board Predator! Can I request you to take charge and lead the show here as I have no zero in developing etc.. LOL. :)

The idea came up to my mind and I really wanted to get an experienced member like you to jump in and take charge of the club going forward.. I have had others interested in joing as well. Will pm you their names and we can ask them to post here. So, let me know if you would like to lead the show from here and make it a great success in 2007. I am extremely positive on our success as a team! Also, I take this opportunity to invite more folks to join the club and help us make it stronger and stronger in 2007!

thanks,
Sai.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Sai,
sent you a long pm. Happy to join you at the helm. I don't like leaving my tree for long though! ;)
First step to get this badboy rolling is to get this moved to the Gold section so everyone can join in. I'll report thread to mods & get it moved hopefully.
Okay roll up roll up....
if you have quality city / place .INFO'S only post on thread (no pm's)
Quality control will step in & we will formulate a list.
May i suggest a max. of 3 per member initially? Otherwisetwill be too much for the developer etc .Also 3 is prob. the max for top domains realistically.
We'll add more details once the list is in place & you can decide if you wish to continue.
cheers
Pred ;)

Examples:

detroit.info
brasilia.info
corfu.info

etc

NameMatters

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Excellent!! Thank you Predator for joing and accepting to take the Lead position here. That is what I really wanted, because I really want this to be a success story. :)

imo the values of geo dot infos will really go up from here once everyone knows that there is a co-op!

The biggest 'side benefit' to everyone here will be the free link shares across each others sites as suggested above.

Thanks,
Sai.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay dokey... i'll start proceedings & list my .info's for development.
I will update this post every time someone posts with acceptable domains for this , what shall we call it? Domain Development Co-operative? LOL (DDC)
Max 3 per dnf member.

Predator:
=======
Brasilia.info - Capital of Brazil
Bradford.info - 6th largest City in the UK

cheers
Pred

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Moved to Gold Cafe per request.

-Bob

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a few good city .info domains so keep me posted.

Hi dude,
plan is post your best 2 or 3 here first. Then we take it from there once we have a big pool to develop. The idea is the list & the idea snowballs. Fire away fella!
Pred ;)

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually I proposed something similar to this last year at TRAFFIC to some fellow major .INFO owners and got a rather cool response. The feeling I get is that most of them are just PPC guys, and focus intently on who's the best PPC payout at the moment, rather than building out the .INFO tld "as a brand" (and that's exactly how I termed it).

I also proposed this to the Afilias CEO, and got a cool response. Again, I got the feeling they just want to collect renewal fees, and couldn't comprehend the fact that I was proposing to essentially market HIS PRODUCT WITHOUT CHARGE. Sad, really.

I don't own many city .INFOs, but I'm interested in this concept in general. Perhaps

One thing that it has to start with is an agreement on minimum standards -- perhaps at least 2 related photos, some original content, and NO PPC or pop-up or pop-under windows. Make .INFO something you see and WANT to go to, just as you know a Wikipedia listing is going to have at least some content.

D

Deleted member 70408

I own BoyntonBeach.info and may be interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators