Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Auction that doesn't make sense on Namejet

Lateclicks

Level 1
Reaction score
Hello,

Couple month ago I backordered a domain on Namejet. It actually didn't work because he got renewed ,or, maybe someone was able to have it from a more efficient backorder service (can't say because I really new to the domain name 's game). Recently, I received an email from namejet informing me that the domain has been released and that the auction is about to start. However, in the same time, this exact domain name is currently for sales $3000 on Godaddy and Sedo.
In the moment, I'm writing this thread while I'm involved in the auction with 5 other persons.

I've already contacted namejet at least 3 times and impossible to have a feedback.

What do you guys think ? Can it be a bug from namejet? But will they really let buyers bid on a domain that no one has a control on ?

Many thanks by advance for your help

Domain summit 2024

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Without knowing the name its hard to say.. But Afternic also auction names from private sellers.. So my guess is that you are just participating in a "non expired" auction from a private seller.

Lateclicks

Level 1
Reaction score
Without knowing the name its hard to say.. But Afternic also auction names from private sellers.. So my guess is that you are just participating in a "non expired" auction from a private seller.

Thanks Castion for your response. Is it common that what is supposed to be a backorder auction is actually a "non expired auction" ?

Here is the Whois infos:

Domain Name: domain.com
Registry Domain ID: 131931523_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Updated Date: 2019-11-16T19:31:44Z
Creation Date: 2007-10-05T15:04:34Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2020-11-05T15:04:34Z

It was registered first on Enom before. Then, apparently it got renew and transfer on Godaddy where it is currently possible to buy for 3k. The auction is going to end in 1 hour.

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well its common that Namejet auctons are from private sellers.. Most of their inventory are these days.. And from the whois you can see that is also the case with this name.. It expires in November 2020.

They probably just kept your backorder from the expiry auction and put you in the private auction once that was a possibility.

Lateclicks

Level 1
Reaction score
Well its common that Namejet auctons are from private sellers.. Most of their inventory are these days.. And from the whois you can see that is also the case with this name.. It expires in November 2020.

They probably just kept your backorder from the expiry auction and put you in the private auction once that was a possibility.

I just won the auction yesterday for $600. The payment has also been made automatically. I know Namejet is quite well know established (which surprised me a bit). But still they don't reply to my messages. Should I be worry on a bug of their system or a possible scam ? Or, I'm really the new owner of this domain ?

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes you should be good now. You are most likely the new owner of the domain name.

Not sure about the support, but the transfer process is fairly straightforward, you should hear from them soon.

Lateclicks

Level 1
Reaction score
Yes you should be good now. You are most likely the new owner of the domain name.

Not sure about the support, but the transfer process is fairly straightforward, you should hear from them soon.

Thanks you for your response Castion.

Unfortunately, one week later , I still have no feedback from Namejet.com . In the same time, the domain name is still in sell on Godaddy and Sedo. I called the GoDaddy support and the person on the phone told me that I "got scammed" by Namejet because the domain name is currently in their server.

What should I do ? Should I contact my bank to try to cancel this fraudulous transaction ?

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Without knowing the name its hard to say if its true. How about posting it at this time?

tom365

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Couple month ago I backordered a domain on Namejet. It actually didn't work because he got renewed ,or, maybe someone was able to have it from a more efficient backorder service (can't say because I really new to the domain name 's game). Recently, I received an email from namejet informing me that the domain has been released and that the auction is about to start. However, in the same time, this exact domain name is currently for sales $3000 on Godaddy and Sedo.
In the moment, I'm writing this thread while I'm involved in the auction with 5 other persons.

I've already contacted namejet at least 3 times and impossible to have a feedback.

What do you guys think ? Can it be a bug from namejet? But will they really let buyers bid on a domain that no one has a control on ?

Many thanks by advance for your help

https://www.dnforum.com/threads/att...cannt-obtain-this-domain.575616/#post-2309957

I have the same problem,

I contact namejet.com 30 days ago, and only received one reply. no refund.

I have submit some requests for this issue an bug, but haven't any reply!

why namejet now is so rubbish!!!

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators