• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

"Bargain bin" section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
1,434
Reaction score
208
All domainers have or have had that domain (or several!) that makes them think "what was I thinking?".

The name is not near expiry, and the domainer wants to get rid of it. Knows someone else can make better use of it.

I'm suggesting a section in which all domain names are $5 or under, so that we can liquidate our portfolios of names we know we'll never sell for more, and those who can do something with them acquire them at a low cost, making their investment less risky.

thoughts?
 
Upvote 0
I think its a great idea. But maybe $10 or under. At least registration price haha.
 
Agree with tekz, I think we have enough. The under $100 section is fine for this.
 
I like the idea of a "domain lot" section .. maybe at least 25-50 domains and they are only to be sold as a lot
 
Domain for Sale - ( Domains Dropping Soon - Names within 30 days to Expiration ) - All names $20 BIN

Post names about to drop or that you do NOT wish to renew - All names $20 BIN, one persons junk could be another persons gold.
http://www.dnforum.com/f550/
 

That's for expiring names. When this came to mind, that was definitely the section that I felt came closest to what I was thinking of... but not every name we want to get rid of is about to expire, and adding the reg fee for renewal is an added cost from the buyer's perspective. If the name still has time on it, then all a buyer pays until expiry is what they paid for the name, which in this case, is a very small amount of money.
 
Maybe they should just rename that section "Name Liquidation - Names under $20"
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom