Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

moniker Bari is out at Moniker

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Welcome to the real world of corporate decision making.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can't have one employee who is so competent that she makes the rest look lame.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Bari has a great personality on top of being a great employee. She will find work at no time in the domain industry or elsewhere.

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bari was the only sane person left in Moniker. Now, good luck!

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I believe I am the one who asked her for help for our members here so many times in the past several years and she always help the members regardless of the time or the day (evenings, weekends, ...)

On behalf of the members here I want to say thank you for her services and wish her best of luck (she may not need one unless she changes career to be a model or something else) to her career.

I still own her a couple cases of beers but that's private matter between her and me.

Ulysses

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Bari was the best at Moniker as far as i'm concerened, she was always very helpful towards me. What a shame!

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder if executives think of ways to drive business (and their business' value) down so they can sell it?

Seriousy, it seems like that's whatMoniker has been doing. I've been moving my domains out when it's time to renew them.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't know anything about the Moniker situation, but anyone who doubts that a lot of people INTENTIONALLY choose to surround themselves with incompetent people should watch any season of 'Survivor'.

It's a game where people are 'stranded', and much 'vote out' a person every 3 days. Of the last 3 remaining, a winner is chosen by the last 7 people voted off, so each player tries to keep players who are disliked by the group from being voted off, so they will be the 'best choice' of the 3 remaining. Winner gets $1 million.

They do a great job of showing the strategy and thought process as the game progresses, and it's VERY much like what you hear in the corporate world.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Too bad. Now .. are there any good reasons left why we should keep our names with Moniker?

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bari is definitely one of the best customer support reps out there, even tried to fix things while the ship was sinking.

Any company that lands Bari will be lucky to have her.

Adam

mxdominios

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hope Fabulous hires her, she would make the company even better.

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bari, whichever company you choose to work for, just show them this thread and you are hired!

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
moniker is fast becoming a joke of a registrar, once security takes a nosedive they won't be heard of again, many of you qualify for fabulous' monetization so you have an alternate registrar for valuable names, i do not, i hear tucows resellers have really good security, does anyone know which ones ( besides ipower, i'll never use those jerkoffs again ) so any names that are worth anything that i take out of moniker have practically nowhere to go

moniker doesn't have competitive prices, they never have, and privacy is $4, that is absurd, email and url forwarding are $6/yr each, crazy, if they were the best at what they do i'd pay those prices i guess, they've been bleeding names for a long while

as to support enough has been said, some of those people can hardly speak english, let alone write it, they give you runarounds for a 2 + 2 issue (sometimes it has literally been a 2 + 2 problem they just could not resolve, i kid you not), they owe me money for cancelled transfers all due to their fault, most unattractive website also ( and i thought sedo had a monopoly on that ! :rolleyes: )

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker has always been overrated by domainers imo.
They used to be popular when Monte was in charge of everything (when it was a one-man show).
The main criteria when choosing a registrar are pricing, control panel, overall reliability and customer service. Moniker does okay for the most part but doesn't shine.
Must be another company that grew too fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators