Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed BelgiuMade.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Frenchie

Hollandmade.com
Greecemade.com
Spainmade.com

Could you be kind to estimate potential values ?

Already, somebody using SpanishMade.com contacted me to buy Spainmade, but wanted it for peanuts, so I kept it...

Thanks in advance,
Frenchie

Domain summit 2024
F

Frenchie

What's the matter; is everybody asleep ?

Its' Monday, no more Sunday!!!

Please...

Frenchie

The grammar sounds incorrect to me, eg shouldn't it be dutchmade.com or madeinholland.com rather than hollandmade.com? , I don't see any value myself.

F

Frenchie

When you write "made in USA", this sounds too long (a whole sentence), thus "USmade" is more young, dynamic and modern (you already see it on clothes and oth'ers products...

"US made" is more and more used, preferably then more academic "made in USA" as TV instead of television (more and more people understand it). Furthermore, for search engines, the same keywords appear. For customer, shorter is easier to remember.

For Dutch, this already means "from Holland"; thus "Dutch made" would mean "from from Holland"! The country is Holland, not "Dutchland", which does not exist at all.

National marketing boards or producer's associations, etc... of related countries would logically be intersted using these names.

Bye,

frenchie

F

Frenchie

Thanks for the 2 advices, but WHY should it have no value ? If it has no value for you, maybe could it have for somebody else. Are there only 2 evaluators here and now ?

bye,
frenchie

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Frenchie

Already, somebody using SpanishMade.com contacted me to buy Spainmade, but wanted it for peanuts, so I kept it...

Define peanuts.
That may be your best price.

Originally posted by Frenchie
Thanks for the 2 advices, but WHY should it have no value ? If it has no value for you, maybe could it have for somebody else. Are there only 2 evaluators here and now ?

bye,
frenchie

by that logic any domain has value.

F

Frenchie

Anybody saying unilaterally "this worth nothing", and another saying " this worth 10.000 $" is same empty declaration.

Without justification (would it be a trivial one) any judgement of value is like nothing (such kind of evaluation has itself not any value!). Even when explanation is obvious, it is better to give it, as a lesson for newcomers !

Indeed, even an evaluation of an extremely experienced person without explanation has a void value (except for naïve cattle people).

Bye,
frenchie

As snoopy said, the grammar sounds incorrect.

Its all well and good talking about people changing the way they say things to give your domain value - but the expired domain lists are full of non renewed domains where the registrant pinned their hopes on that and it didn't come good.

Frechie, if you'll reread my post above I said the name were grammatically incorrect eg hollandmade.com should be dutchmade.com or madeinholland.com, I don't see where the justification is missing in my post above? Nothing really wrong with anyone simply saying its not worth anything either as there is very little to suggest that it has value.

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My honest feedback:

* SpainMade.com is substandard English! TRUST ME.
"These products are Spanish made." - this is the correct construction
Note that "made" is an adjective, and as such the linking word before it must be an adverb. (No hyphen is needed in between Spanish and made). Since "Spain" only functions as a noun, "Spanish" is necessary.
Thus we have:
- AmericanMade.com NOT AmericaMade.com
- DutchMade.com NOT HollandMade.com

* Nobody likes to buy a domain that is bad grammar!

* US is indeed gaining acceptance as an adjective, so USMade.com is OK. However, USAMade.com is not OK, because USA is not gaining acceptance as an adjective.

* MadeInTheUSA.com is a wonderful domain, and it's worth more than MadeInUSA.com, IMO

* Sell SpainMade.com for whatever the offer was. Why? Because the owner has SpanishMade.com, which is much better than SpainMade.com. He doesn't really need the domain, and I don't think that you'll find another buyer.

* my appraisals:
MadeInTheUSA.com = $30,000
SpainMade.com = < $50

-dmorel

F

Frenchie

Thanks dmorel, your explanations are clear and coherent. As a conclusion I would say that it can be risky to create names in other languages/cultures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators