Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
  • You must be a member of DNForum for a minimum of 30 days and have contributed to the community prior to being allowed to post an offer or create a new discussion of an affiliate program. This notice will disappear when your account is eligible.

You may also contact support if you feel you are receiving this message in error.
Domain summit 2024

Best Affiliate sites to point domains to

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think we would all benefit by knowing the best sites to point domains to to generate affiliate income.

What I mean is if I have a website related to hats, the best place to setup and affiliate program would be lids.com

I would like to compile with the help of everyone here one masterlist that would help all users and would save alot of time doing research.

So, please post what you think is the best site to sign up as an affiliate for any category or domain you currently use.

Also feel free to post your good and bad experiences as they will save us all alot of headaches and warn us who not to deal with.

All entries will be collected on a regular basis and compiled in a master list we can all use.

please don't bother filling it up with your own sites to get free advertising.

Thanks in advance,

-=DCG=-

doubledee999

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DCG,

I noticed you are using domainsponsor pop ups on most of your sites, Have you had much success with thier program?

(not sure if this is the correct thread for this)

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have personally found the Companies that run their own affiliate programs tend to pay more have longer cookies and better support.

Bad experiances..Linkshare.com ..pathetic.. Art.com use to have the absolute best Affiliate In House program , they moved to linkshare affiliate hell, commissions were cut (well I was grandfathered in) , cookies cut and Linkshare is such a pain to work with IMO.

I like travelnow.com but if anyone knows who can beat them hands down for travel I'm listening ..

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
great idea:) im using for the first time http://www.cj.com in connection with uss.us as well as cheaperthandirt.com should be live in a week ,,anyone deal with them before i'll keep you posted.

wyvern

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've used both Linkshare and CJ....both have some good programs and also some clunkers....both pay on time everytime....if you match up the progam with your site and get the traffic in, you'll make money.

The other big gun that works for many types of websites is Amazon...they've got something for everyone. Toughest part working with them is to get your customer to buy right from a direct link to get 15%...if they don't buy right away, the best you'll do is 5%....it still adds up, just takes a whole lot more sales.

There are three things that will make the difference between a moneymaker and a loser...you've got to get traffic to your site...you've got to send the traffic from your site to the affiliate...then they have to close the deal.

If any of these is lacking, you won't make a dime.

puxa2

puxa2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I really like CJ.com.

They have a wide variety of programs and they always pay on time (usually early). They are always working to improve their system and the whole account interface is very user friendly in my opinion.

The whole keyto success with any affiliate program is getting targetted traffic to your site. You don't need that many hits to your site to make a sale if these visitors are looking for what you are selling.

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
istarted using searchfeed.com,revenuepilot.com and using entertainment.com affiliate program for my new sites coming out,
,,if i could get a list when this is done i would like to use it for my Affiliate.us site to be developed.:)

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner
I have personally found the Companies that run their own affiliate programs tend to pay more have longer cookies and better support.

Bad experiances..Linkshare.com ..pathetic.. Art.com use to have the absolute best Affiliate In House program , they moved to linkshare affiliate hell, commissions were cut (well I was grandfathered in) , cookies cut and Linkshare is such a pain to work with IMO.

I like travelnow.com but if anyone knows who can beat them hands down for travel I'm listening ..

Regarding Travel affiliate resources. Well I've shop'd around a good bit.. and did originally sign with OneTrave.com and we've recently changed to partner with TravelNow.com as they do allow nice custom built Co-Branded pages. One complete source for hotel bookings, auto rental and airfare anywhere '-) bookings.

For movie/dvd affiliate's.. I think this one looks pretty good:
www.NetFlix.com

* also, you can integrate a nice co-branded "weather" feeds/pages into your site freely here: www.AccuWeather.com

NameCaster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DotComGod

please don't bother filling it up with your own sites to get free advertising.
Huh? :weird:

I've had pretty good luck with CJ.com in the past. They have one of the widest varieties of affiliates I come across.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hats, how about cafepress with related wear....

depending on the site -

Kazam

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
CJ.com is good but the links take to long to open and you lose $$$ I use ukaffiliates.com for all my UK traffic absolutely no complaints: fast links fast help and propt pay. Oh and Tradedoubler.com is the pits - there affiliate will have a program "pending" for two months and then say NO and you lose all you've made in two months.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this thread.

Affiliate advertising is the key to making healthy profits with domains. I put up an affiliate website at AffiliateProgram.com to highlight some of the good programs.

I haven't had much luck with CJ, but that's just my personal experience.

Amazon's affiliate tech support is not that great, in my opinion, and they pay quarterly, so I don't bother.

darker

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I used cj.com before and they were great imo. Got my checks in the mail on a monthly basis etc.

Scott

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have also used cj.com for quite some time and never had an issue with them.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you guys re direct the traffic or set up a site and use the links provided by the advertiser?

If you redirect do you just take the code from a random link redirect the traffic that way?

Thanks.

BTW, I use CJ and linkshare. CJ has been alright but nothing spectacular.

Right now I am using rugs.com and the house as well as golfgods.

JOhn

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bumping this discussion :-D

mayor

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
shareasale.com is pretty good.. .many merchants to choose from and good program to run your own affiliate program.

M

GregP

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't like cj at all.. havn't used them in quite a long time though.
I would suggest for anyone that has dating traffic to give http://www.cupidbucks.com a try. Pays $2 per profile and converts great

nicorlino

I BUY TRAFFIC NAMES!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i have a similar question:
do you know any affiliates that pay really high cent/click prices? for example a cc company that pays you like 30 cent for every click on their banner. would be really interested in that kind of information!
best regards
nico

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom