Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld best and cheapest Registrar to reg .ca ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I`m looking for the best and or cheapest Registrar to reg a few .ca for a relative.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
9.95 @ netfirms.ca
10.45 @ 10dollar.ca

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thank you, is it easy to transfer them to another Registrar if you sell any?

Thank you

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use netfirms.ca I like it with one exception. If you do not pay for their hosting you can only have 3 domians per account. You can have unlimited accounts, which is ok, but once you start regging more and more domains it can get hard to manage. But, they are excellent for reselling IMO... and their support is pretty good...

Domainsatcost.ca allows for unlimited domains but they are more expensive and awful for reselling... and I found their support was bad...

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
elivate said:
I use netfirms.ca I like it with one exception. If you do not pay for their hosting you can only have 3 domians per account. You can have unlimited accounts, which is ok, but once you start regging more and more domains it can get hard to manage. But, they are excellent for reselling IMO... and their support is pretty good...

Domainsatcost.ca allows for unlimited domains but they are more expensive and awful for reselling... and I found their support was bad...

thank you Peter, so netfirms seems the better......even comparated to Sibername? This was the one I was thinking to use but it costs a little more.

Thanks

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have not used Sibername to reg so I can't say, they are more expensive...

I have sold three .ca names recently all from Ntefirms and all transactions went smooth...

I have emailed them requesting that they upgrade and allow more than three domains per account and they said they are "looking into it"...

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
elivate said:
I have not used Sibername to reg so I can't say, they are more expensive...

I have sold three .ca names recently all from Ntefirms and all transactions went smooth...

I have emailed them requesting that they upgrade and allow more than three domains per account and they said they are "looking into it"...

Thanks alot Peter, I`ll use them then.

Best regards

esger

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I moved all my domains to namespro.ca some years ago. Their support is the best around imho (i've tried many .ca registrars..)

Their prices are not bad +- 14.00 (taxes included) considering their really really good support (usually they answer emails in few minutes!)

Steve

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
esger said:
I moved all my domains to namespro.ca some years ago. Their support is the best around imho (i've tried many .ca registrars..)

Their prices are not bad +- 14.00 (taxes included) considering their really really good support (usually they answer emails in few minutes!)

Steve

Thank you Steve, I will consider it too. Does it belong to the same owners of Pool ?

Cheers

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
italiandragon said:
thank you Peter, so netfirms seems the better......even comparated to Sibername? This was the one I was thinking to use but it costs a little more.

Thanks

I started out with Sibername, and from my experience, they do have good support.

That being said, I'm also with 10dollar.ca, and haven't really encountered any issues requiring support. When you start acquiring a lot of domains, a five dollar price difference can start adding up.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use namespro.ca as well. The price includes url forwarding or setting dns, and you can also do masking url forwarding (so that your domain shows up in the url address bar). They also show the number of hits your domain gets. I have never had a problem with them and they do answer questions fast by email. They are not the cheapest but the few extra bucks are worth the reliability. Hopefully .ca domain reg fees will be coming down in the future.

esger

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
italiandragon said:
Thank you Steve, I will consider it too. Does it belong to the same owners of Pool ?

Cheers

I don't think so.. They do have great customer support... :-#

:bolt:

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I used Sibernames, but then transistioned into 10dollar like it was said earlier a couple dollars makes a difference over several domains. I have not encountered issues with either.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Price aside the biggest issue I've run into is being able to manage domains in bulk. Doing bulk server changes, email adresses or whois updates. Although 10 dollar and others offer cheap prices they suck at bulk changes. I offered to move 200+ domains to 10 dollar if they had a bulk tool or would do it themselves and they wrote me back and told me to do ONE AT A TIME :censored:

Sibername is a little more but their bulk management system works better than any other I've seen. In fact I can't remember another registrar that has any kind of bulk management system.

If you have any kind of a portfolio it's worth paying a little more for good working tools.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree, but at the moment I don`t plan to have many .ca yet, the best is gone so I need just a few for now.

Cheers

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like namespro too. One issue though is that you can only renew domains one at a time. Would be nice if you could bulk renew. And... they never have any specials (10% off, etc.) like Godaddy does. But, like I said before, the service and reliability are very good so far.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
www.namespro.ca the best in my opinion

cheers and they reduced the price too:

Note: Due to much positive feedback from our customers, we are glad to announce that we have permanently reduced the price of our .ca domains to $12.88 CAD per year.

but they charge 2 years minimun.....

RazorNF said:
9.95 @ netfirms.ca
10.45 @ 10dollar.ca

netfirms asks credit card but then makes you wait for approval by billing dept

Attention: Our billing department is verifying all orders on this account. While your account is in verify mode you won't be able register additional free domain names. Accounts are typically cleared within a few hours.

10dollar.ca does not show up

what a mess

14 hours later and the name is still not registered in full but just reserved.

Cira wants a lot of things and since I choosed Netfirms (just because Namespro.ca charges 2 years ) , well Netfirms wants me to call their billing department....

What did you choose in the CIRA website to complete the Registration Procedure when they ask:

STEP 4 - Authorize your Registrar

to change registration information.

- Confirmation
Are you sure that you want to authorize your Registrar to change administrative contact information on your behalf or on behalf of the Applicant without requiring verification from you and /or the Applicant?

is it better yes or no ?

thank you

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I always say not to that question, I do not want the registrar doig anything... maybe I am just paranoid ;-0

The only problem with .ca is the hassle with CIRA...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom