• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Best .ca Registrar ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My transactions at namespro have been smooth and without any issue. If anything just ask them how many names their bulk-transfer form supports - to see if it would support 2000 in one shot, although I don't see why it shouldn't.

It's pretty much the user that needs to complete the transfer process - you'll be at CIRA clicking "accept" 2000 times which will probably be cumbersum, even doing 20 names can be slow - you need to wait a little bit between clicks, eitherwise you'll get some error "a request is already being processed" or something like that. You only have something like 7 days to do it, not sure if Cira sends you a reminder if you miss any though...
 
im pretty sure just about any registrar will be willing to work with you one on one to transfer 2000 names, no?
 
I think I will take Whitebark"s advice and move my .ca's to 10dollar. I have all my ca's with netfirms.ca, mainly for the price, but the way they have the accounts set up is just bad,not easy at all. You wonder sometimes why some of these large registrars make some things so difficult, seem to be stuck in the past.

10dollar I see only charges a few more cents than netfirms & they appear to be more user friendly.

Is anyone here a member of CIRA? and if so any benefits of being a member, besides having a vote.
 
I would have to agree with whitebark and say that for domaining purposes the user interface at 10dollar.ca and the ease of use clearly makes them my favorite.
Cheers
 
im pretty sure just about any registrar will be willing to work with you one on one to transfer 2000 names, no?

Nope.

Tried to transfer several hundred to either 10 dollar or domains at cost (I honestly can't remember which) and they told me I'd have to do it one at a time. They had no bulk facility and wouldn't do it for me (script). How to lose a big customer fassssttttt.

Idiots. :sigh2:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom