Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Best IDN Earnings day ever! Will this trend continue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GO1

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you are interested in IDN's and are looking for some news and / or recent owner perspectives, here is one .

Yesterday, my IDN portfolio posted it's biggest earnings day ever.

This was not a result of a few IDN's having a good earnings day which used to happen frequently in the past .

These earnings were distributed through out most of my IDN portfolio. (Japanese / Hebrew)

I also noticed IDN earnings started trending up pretty quickly last week.

So the remaining questions I have are:

1) Is this just a fad or a real trend (?) [I will report back on this one]

2) Are other IDN owners noticing earnings upticks recently?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
unless you want more competition, then ...

:rolleyes:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been to many Asian countries and .com prevails over their ccTLD for mom and pops to corporation advertisements. Here in Japan, I have yet to see an IDN domain advertised in print, on TV or billboards. Most if not all use .co.jp or .ne.jp, when .jp is even available to register. So, I couldn't explain the influx in traffic to your Japanese IDN's. :?:

Quite possibly they are typing in Japanese Kanji and rather than redirecting to their search engine, they are being redirected to the IDN now. I could test this theory on an iPhone, Android with 3 browsers and PC with 2 browsers if you want, just PM a name.

GO1

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sure, please try this one on your browser.

あ.com

thx

Last edited:

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is there a reason why users would be likely to type Kanji domains in as opposed to the other two forms, does this have anything to do with the layout of a japanese keyboard?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
In other news, it's not real Greek feta if it's made from cow's milk.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is there a reason why users would be likely to type Kanji domains in as opposed to the other two forms, does this have anything to do with the layout of a japanese keyboard?

Yes, there is a button that switches between alpha and hiragana that guesses the appropriate kanji, katakana, hiragana or hiragana / kanji mix to make up the word they're seeking and it's by the space bar and to go back to alpha is near the ESC key.

I highly doubt these Japanese IDN claims being made (especially if it's IDN.IDN) as you would change to hiragana and back into alpha for the .com.

In the case of an IDN.IDN, there would be 3 annoying changes: hiragana to alpha for just a period back to hiragana for KOMU.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, there is a button that switches between alpha and hiragana that guesses the appropriate kanji, katakana, hiragana or hiragana / kanji mix to make up the word they're seeking and it's by the space bar and to go back to alpha is near the ESC key.

I highly doubt these Japanese IDN claims being made (especially if it's IDN.IDN) as you would change to hiragana and back into alpha for the .com.

In the case of an IDN.IDN, there would be 3 annoying changes: hiragana to alpha for just a period back to hiragana for KOMU.

even if you didn't.....you sure sound like you know what you're talking about.

:)

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
even if you didn't.....you sure sound like you know what you're talking about.

:)

Sure do, I get sick and tired of that thing trying to type alpha numeric. Every time I hit the damn space bar that is 1 cm wide compared to to 5 cm "switch" key, I hit it and everything gets all fudged up...

GO1, about 1 in 1000000 Japanese own a cellphone with that first keyboard layout and like its predecessor of Android/iPhone keyboard, they still have a switch button (as to why I use Ultra Keyboard on Android).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom