Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Best place to put a domain for Auction

Domain summit 2024

accelerator

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Flippa is worth a look.

Willox Perez

NameTreats Rep
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great question. This is something I was thinking about the other day, being that there are so many places to actually put it up.
So which is the best place?

Well from doing some research these are the top places to choose from in any given order:

-Godaddy Auctions
-Sedo
-Flippa
-NameJet

Alright so when it comes to knowing which one is best there are certain type of names that sell better in one auction place than the other.
You can always option to put them all on Flippa then put them in the rest of the places as just a make offer type of auction. Still I know this is not being
specific enough as to what is the best place/places.

So since I had the same question as you I decided to go to NameBio.com to check recent sales then I selected only .com and then I press search.
I went about 10 to 15 pages deep in the results and what I found out was that 90 percent of the places that the domains were sold at were at Godaddy Auctions and NameJet.

Interesting right?

So based on this recent/past sales data I was able to tell where I should list my domain names at. If these 2 places are where most of the .coms recently sold
are selling at then why go against the data? =-D

enab

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi, here is a bit more advice for you (depending on which domains are you selling), if your domain is tech related - flippa would be the right platform, afternic.com its another good platform but if you have brandable domains then look up BrandBucket.com or Namerific.com its another good one, outbound calls if you comfortable with and good at it, not everyone liking, but this way you know you targeting start-up's, end user, and if you successfully close the deal you get nicely rewarded for your hard work.

hope this helps, regards

EmilianoT

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Im angry cause I have like 15 domains over GoDaddy and cant put them up for auction over there since Im not from USA (taxes, etc).
So, is there any reliable and FREE site to put them up for auction?
Thanks.

Osirisxx

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Great question something I've also been thinking about, if you have a nice domain and are willing to pay around 250 USD to have it listed in a auction flippa seems to be a great option, otherwise I'd go towards godaddy or sedo but wise invest made a great point, some of these platforms tend to run stronger for certain things such as flippa with tech websites

ulterios

Don't look back, it's confusing!
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The best place to put a domain up for auction really depends on the name as well as how much money you are wanting to make.

There are domain forums like this one that you can auction them off on, but in that kind of market, you are only going to get resale prices.

If you want end-user prices then Sedo, Flippa and GoDaddy are the places to use.

flippawilson

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, my first week of posting.
What about namecheap market place?
Is there some invisible bubble that people sell most on Godaddy and Namejet?

Like, is namecheap frowned upon?

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators