Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Best Video Game Ever

Backaffinity

Level 1
Reaction score
What do you think is the best video/pc game ever?!?!?!?!? Is it the might oregon trail or Prince of Persia. Or is it the great Contra for NES. Chose or tell your own favirote but post away.

Domain summit 2024

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see playing games now as a waste of time. I would rather accomplish something, like building the game, for others to enjoy. I see the fulfillment of joy in someone else's life through my work better than the fruits of my labor at the end of the day.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I still believe this:
I see playing games now as a waste of time.
However, I remember the wasted summer of '98. I spent most of the the time glued to the computer playing the best game in my opinion, StarCraft.

I say StarCraft is the best game ever made as it entertained me for many hours, but more importantly, it sparked my young mind to want to #learntocode. I quickly found out that a graphical game like that was out of my league to do alone, but a text based RPG wasn't out of the question.

If I recall correctly, Perl was the popular choice at the time, but PHP found its way in front of me and seemed a hundred times easier than Perl. So, I pursued writing my text based game.

I loosely based the theme of my game on The Terrans of StarCraft, picking robots. It quickly rose to the ranks of being in the Top 5 of text based browser games of the era (when top sites voting scripts were also popular).

I left it—not willfully, a partner stole it—shortly after reaching 10,000 members. There were hundreds online at any given time. It also had a chat room that was constantly bustling with small talk and discussions about different elements of the game with the latter really confined to their clan's private old school threaded bulletin board/forum (> >> >>> >>>>).

Time sure does fly!

MonetizeInfo

Monetize.Info Owner
Reaction score
I still believe this:

However, I remember the wasted summer of '98. I spent most of the the time glued to the computer playing the best game in my opinion, StarCraft.

I say StarCraft is the best game ever made as it entertained me for many hours, but more importantly, it sparked my young mind to want to #learntocode. I quickly found out that a graphical game like that was out of my league to do alone, but a text based RPG wasn't out of the question.
Another SC fan here. I still fire up SC1 Remastered and SC2 occasionally and play a session online or against AI. If anyone wants to play, let me know. I'm an average player so you don't have to be afraid you will not beat me :)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators