• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Beware of Hackers :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

copper

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
2,507
Reaction score
30
Lately, there is competition among hackers.

One of my server got hacked and caused 6 sites defaced :-(

I recommend update all your server, site security including more
stronger passwords.
 
This happens every year.

Not surprising.
 
Use double sets of passwords; lockdown all server-side with a master on top of that and you should have no problems.
 
at my day job we had a pretty big site get hacked yesterday - bad stuff. Where did you hear about the contest?
 
Not funny.

Why are you still on this forum? :undecided:

What's wrong with Angelx666's idea of having a hacker working for him/her?
For all we know, s/he could be using that hacker to continually test the sites
for security and that sort of thing.

I guess I'm missing something here. Somebody enlighten me.
 
What's wrong with Angelx666's idea of having a hacker working for him/her?
For all we know, s/he could be using that hacker to continually test the sites
for security and that sort of thing.

I guess I'm missing something here. Somebody enlighten me.

Given most of his/her other posts, I severely doubt that.

You can do some searching if you want to see what I mean.
 
Well I used to do a bit of hacking myself and Im not afraid to admit it, including penetration testing for my company.

Get the terminology right:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker
A hacker is often someone who creates and modifies computer software and computer hardware, including computer programming, administration, and security-related items.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hat
A black hat (also called a cracker or Darkside hacker) is a person who uses their skills with computers and other technological items in a malicious or criminal manner.

A cracker or script kiddie penetrates systems and defaces websites, not a hacker by definition unless you live in hollywood.
 
Well I used to do a bit of hacking myself and Im not afraid to admit it, including penetration testing for my company.

Get the terminology right:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker
A hacker is often someone who creates and modifies computer software and computer hardware, including computer programming, administration, and security-related items.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hat
A black hat (also called a cracker or Darkside hacker) is a person who uses their skills with computers and other technological items in a malicious or criminal manner.

A cracker or script kiddie penetrates systems and defaces websites, not a hacker by definition unless you live in hollywood.


'Tis true, we often use those definitions incorrectly. However, I have no doubt what people in this thread are talking about.
 
i want one to work4me

really... Have you placed any adverts? A paid corporate hacker lives on the isle of dogs...

What's wrong with Angelx666's idea of having a hacker working for him/her?
For all we know, s/he could be using that hacker to continually test the sites
for security and that sort of thing.

I guess I'm missing something here. Somebody enlighten me.


Absolutley, that is what my friend does ... Hes not cheap either!
 
hey GTweb you have embarrassed yourself again
IMho, angX6
 
No need for any fighting Please.
We can all get along come on.
 
those are amusing threads, thanks for the laugh gt
 
Well I used to do a bit of hacking myself and Im not afraid to admit it, including penetration testing for my company.

Get the terminology right:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker
A hacker is often someone who creates and modifies computer software and computer hardware, including computer programming, administration, and security-related items.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hat
A black hat (also called a cracker or Darkside hacker) is a person who uses their skills with computers and other technological items in a malicious or criminal manner.

A cracker or script kiddie penetrates systems and defaces websites, not a hacker by definition unless you live in hollywood.



When I was taking my GC course in computers, the definition I was taught, according to the textbook we were using, was something like that: "Hacker: a person who attempts to gain anauthorized access to a remote system..." I don't remember the exact words though...nor the textbook we were being taught from.

I think wikipedia is not very accurate, and I am not referring to the specific case of the hacker. I think they are being over rated and i wouldn't take their definitions as 100% accurate. Just my opinion
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom