• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Bicycle.com - Whats up with site??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyfloyd

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2007
Messages
3,218
Reaction score
2
I dont own this domain (I wish I did!!!) lol....but waht's up with site??? Has this been hacked into?? I wonder why owner would leave site as is....Any thoughts?

Tony
 
I found another site the other day, which begs the same questions. ben.com
 
germany.com
nuff said :rolleyes:
 
Ashley actually owns Bicycle.com...

And germany.com...THAT really made me laugh...what a shame.
 
Good for her - and there's nothing wrong with her use of Bicycle.com. Not everyone needs or wants to develop their domain names for direct commercial use.

I'd much rather see her site than a page full of PPC links.
 
Good for her - and there's nothing wrong with her use of Bicycle.com. Not everyone needs or wants to develop their domain names for direct commercial use.

I'd much rather see her site than a page full of PPC links.

are you a domainer? or a idiot?
 
I wonder how many people will offer to buy the domain from her after reading this? :?:
 
are you a domainer? or a idiot?

You always have people like this..i think i've counted around 2-3 of them on this forum. We are all here for ONE reason, and that is to make money. Why on earth would you want to see her face on a XX,XXX domain name? Give me a break and stop trying to rain on the parade.
 
You always have people like this..i think i've counted around 2-3 of them on this forum. We are all here for ONE reason, and that is to make money. Why on earth would you want to see her face on a XX,XXX domain name? Give me a break and stop trying to rain on the parade.

Retracted. Not worth it.
 
Hehe... I have emailed the whois contact for this domain before but got no response, I imagine it gets a bit of traffic:

something.com
 
My point is that just like in logging, you don't produce the best industry by clear-cutting the forest. There's nothing wrong with leaving a few trees for the future. If you believe every single domain on earth needs to be monetized via PPC then you clearly don't understand the business.

And just to be clear, you and Stuff apparently don't know anything about me. It's very likely that I've bought, sold or brokered more quality domains in this business than you and Stuff combined. So don't talk to me about making money in this business or question whether I'm a domainer or not.

please explain to a non domainer idiot - how is it better? bicycle.com has a womens personal blog/info/pictures up(at least 5 years old info) - You call it development? - then well optimized PPC page with good info about bicycles?

and where the hell do you know who I am? what I do and what i have sold?
 
please explain to a non domainer idiot - how is it better? bicycle.com has a womens personal blog/info/pictures up(at least 5 years old info) - You call it development? - than well optimized PPC page with good info about bicycles?


I'd love to hear this answer......and the way she has site is a total waste of domian.....if she wanted her own site....she should go get ashleywhateveryourlastnameis.com and put her nice lil pics and e-mail address link that doesnt work on that site!
 
The person who owns the site is the only one that makes the decision
 
There's nothing wrong with leaving a few trees for the future.

WTF? I didn't realize that domains couldn't be used for different purposes in the future. Guess I have ruined my domains by parking them. Should have put up a picture of my dogs ass.
 
WTF? I didn't realize that domains couldn't be used for different purposes in the future. Guess I have ruined my domains by parking them. Should have put up a picture of my dogs ass.

:lol:
 
The person who owns the site is the only one that makes the decision

I agree completely. That's the thing that really irked me about this thread after reading a few comments. There are (a few) people who feel that just because someone isn't using something to the absolute fullest potential - in their own minds anyway - that the asset is being completely wasted.

That's like driving by some lakefront property and scolding the owner for having built a modest 1,000 square foot cottage on it instead of a 10,000 square foot McMansion bed and breakfast that blocks the entire lake view for everyone else. Or, perhaps scolding them for having built a cottage 5 years ago and not having updated it to your liking since then.

The question I pose, is who are you to tell the owner of this domain what to do? At the end of the day why should the owner do what pleases you or what you think best? Sure, it's fun to look at some high value sites/urls and wonder what the owners are thinking - but if they have different thoughts at me, I surely don't ridicule them.
 
ffs what a bunch of wankers. if she feels that it's worth forgoing a few k a year in ppc revenue to get more people viewing her website then that's her decision.

i lost more today betting on a cricket match then she would make off the revenue in a year.
 
That's the thing that really irked me about this thread after reading a few comments. There are (a few) people who feel that just because someone isn't using something to the absolute fullest potential - in their own minds anyway - that the asset is being completely wasted.

I agree with you there. People get their rewards in different ways, and they have a right to. But our banter here about the "misuse" of the site is harmless.
 
ffs what a bunch of wankers. if she feels that it's worth forgoing a few k a year in ppc revenue to get more people viewing her website then that's her decision.

i lost more today betting on a cricket match then she would make off the revenue in a year.

please explain me, how does this site get more traffic then PPC page? Do you really think that people who visit the site, will come back? - I don`t think so.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom