Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

blackmail and extortion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Issue resolved...

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Josh,

You shouldnt have to put up with such crap and am glad you didnt just "ignore" the email.

You may want to do a "search"
China.net
estates.com
shoppers.com
sheriff.com
friendship.com
advice.com
odyssey.com
athlete.com
grapevine.com
golfclubs.com
spoke.com
on this site typing in those "stolen" domains..you may find some posts of interest, possibly of some help.

Good Luck ..

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You need Josh ...... I mean ...... James Bond

Seriously trace their ip from the email header and report them

The internet is full of nutters....... ignor it

Dnforum is here for you !

:depressed

RacerX

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
My prayers are with you and your family right now. You have always commanded my respect as an honest and very good player. You are honest and you are to be commended.

Thank you for sharing that bucket of rubbish you received in this forum. You did the right thing to expose this fraudster. This guy is a fraud of the first order because he is ONLY quoting names that were mentioned previously in this forum, and SECOND, the names referenced ARE STILL in the possession of the thief. The thief only transferred the names back to NSI to try to escape the heat. Witness recent changes to lust.com, url.com, rap.com. ONLY the registrant could be making those changes. Furthermore, does anyone believe that NSI would be mispelling the word 'valid' as in novaildemailaddress? The fraudulent theft of these names is by no means over.

You did the right thing, and hopefully this idiot will be caught.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
simply stating Racer.. ,

He got the names from this forum...he was here or still is here,
Logical place to start the investigation; along with IP traces etc...

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I wish your wife well - and this email is just disgusting, even without your other worries.

>>Mrs. Jello LLC (who some know as "Igal").
I don't know that person - but they are a reputable buyer(s) from what I hear around dnF. It's alaqua I think?

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mrs. Jello *is* a reputable buyer, and has posted on this forum.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Josh - a lot of us don't know you - but certainly wish you and your wife the best. I will keep digging thru our old threads to find anything that might help - or provide a clue.

Don't let this person bother you any more. It's just some nut trying to take advantage of you.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NamePopper
Here are some related threads I found so far. (Does anybody else notice something weird?)

Hmmmm, NamePopper, maybe I didn't watch enough episodes of the X-Files, LOL. What I noticed is the same members posting to each thread, but that in itself is not unusual...unless some of the members are the same person :eek:

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You may know verisign have transferred back a bunch of stolen domains, by the tracking records we provided to them :

If you refuse to pay , we will be forced to move on getting in contact with all relevant authorities.

And we will post all your relevant info in DNFORUM.COM & ***********.COM with a highlight .

Makes it obvious that the blackmailer is/was a member of this forum AND that they might have had a role in reporting stolen domains in the recent past.

You might want to check the old posts as Popper mentioned to see who is hot under the collar about stolen domains and is excited about contacting "all relevant authorities"

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you post the email header here, we can check on the MX records to see if [email protected] is a spoofed email. If you use the View>Options>Internet headers if you use Outlook.

If it is not false, then you can trace the subscriber through netidentity. He may be using a stolen credit card, but at least its a lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom