Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Blatant trademark squating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think the domain sales forums rules need to be amended to include penalties for blatant tm violations.

Just in the last 15 mins scanning the posts I found "purolator", "craig's list", and "jason bourne" domains. I think people would wise up by now.

Upvote 0

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Show me where to sign.

How can domaining ever become a legit and respected business to the common man if selling blatant TM names is part of it?

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Because there is big money is typos,i see many go for big cash and also see big companies buying them trying to get business from their rivals....

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Already covered and when we see one we close it. If you see one, please use the report button. But also many are close to TM, your list are clear TMs but - what if there is someone named Jason Bourne? Does he not have a right to the name (same with any "real name" domains) and many have generic meanings, even phrases.

http://www.dnforum.com/dnfrules.php

25. Sales of obvious TM domains will not be allowed. Questionable/objectionable domains are one thing, but an obvious TM infringement is not allowed for sale here. Common sense applies here. If you post it and it's a known TM or TM typo, it will be removed.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, please report the posts and they will be deleted as soon as we see them.

Adam

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Because there is big money is typos,i see many go for big cash and also see big companies buying them trying to get business from their rivals....

Yes, there is a lot of money in illegal activities all the time. But that's plain and simple stealing (from someone's efforts and ad money in building a name). If you want to do it clandestine-like, go ahead, but this should not be on a legitimate industry-leading forum.

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Yes, please report the posts and they will be deleted as soon as we see them.

Adam

Is there a way to have a link to report abuse on any of the posts?

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

FYI, the report button is not very obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators