Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

blue.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
david, would it be possible for you to publish your 'no pile' so the rest of use can add them to our 'yes' pile.. due to the lack of quality in my co.uk list at the moment..

thanks all the best

wilco :shy:

NeilUK

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ummmm......
Am I the only one that smells something odd about this?
...too funny
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Seems to funny to mention? am I being naive here or what !Detagged.co.uk have secured some very good names and theres something fishy?? If so lay it on the line? Cartz your post does nothing but cast negative images, dont pop your head in unless your prepared to give an public explanation as to why you cast doubt. No offence but its annoying me :)

The only thing fishy I find is that a few people didnt want Bandwidth.co.uk, Trainers.co.uk or Blue.co.uk , now thats bullshit for ya

davidthornton

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NeilUK
Ummmm......
Am I the only one that smells something odd about this?
...too funny
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Seems to funny to mention? am I being naive here or what !Detagged.co.uk have secured some very good names and theres something fishy?? If so lay it on the line? Cartz your post does nothing but cast negative images, dont pop your head in unless your prepared to give an public explanation as to why you cast doubt. No offence but its annoying me :)

The only thing fishy I find is that a few people didnt want Bandwidth.co.uk, Trainers.co.uk or Blue.co.uk , now thats bullshit for ya

Cartoonz was referring to something different. However since you are not aware of what he is referring too, unlike myself, it's most likely irrelevant to you. :)

Your assertion here, and above, that trainers.co.uk and bandwidth.co.uk are 'quality' names is indeed your own personal opinion. I suspect your opinion is based on the fact that your own portfolio of .uk domain names isn't great. :) If it was, you might not think that trainers.co.uk and bandwidth.co.uk were 'quality'.

I'm not in the business of publishing my portfolio because I don't actively advertise any of my domain names as 'for sale'. Again, if you were in the situation where you needed to know my portfolio I'd suspect you'd already be aware of it. :)

Regarding bandwidth.co.uk - please tell me why you think this name is 'quality'. It's not a something that is sold by itself. Companies either sell hosting, which includes bandwidth, or they sell Internet access which also includes bandwidth. Bandwidth is a secondary term within these industries.

Personally I, and others I have spoken too since I knew of this name sometime last year, cannot see an immediate use for it. Therefore we don't regard it as 'quality.'

With regards to 'trainers.co.uk'. One school of thought could relate it to selling trainers (of the shoe variety). I'd have thought that most web sites wanting to sell 'trainers' would brand around something more unique (e.g. Boo.com - yes I know that failed!). Any other site selling trainers might possibly be a spin off from a highstreet retailer. The term could also relate to someone or some company offering trainers to train people in something. However I don't feel it is a particularly strong term for this. So again I don't regard this domain name as 'quality'.

These two names are mediocre.

With regards to 'blue.co.uk'. I do quite like this domain name. It's generic and a common colour. Any company with 'blue' in their name might like to shorten their domain name to just 'blue.co.uk'. Unfortunately it's not a colour with major impact behind it, unlike 'red' (which is used by a number of companies to signify strength and power - red is the name of a P.R. company and a recruitment company for a start). It's also not a colour where a large company has chosen to seriously spend on promoting it (e.g. Orange). However this shouldn't detract too much from it - as I have said above, it is still a nice domain name.

One that detagged also got was 'castle.co.uk'. I rate that name quite highly. Lots of companies and people have that term in their name, especially in the UK where there are many castles, so it should be quite easy to sell.

I hope this has given you some insight into where I am coming from.

NeilUK

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
However since you are not aware of what he is referring too, unlike myself, it's most likely irrelevant to you
---------------------------------------------------------
Yep, irrelevant , I dont know but you do, whats the point though in posting such a comment on a public forum if the substance is irrelevant to the majority of readers.

I suspect your opinion is based on the fact that your own portfolio of .uk domain names isn't great.
----------------------------------------------------
ouch what a bitch :)

One that detagged also got was 'castle.co.uk'. I rate that name quite highly.
----------------------------------------------------
So Detagged.co.uk can compete for highly rated names then.

I'm not in the business of publishing my portfolio because I don't actively advertise any of my domain names as 'for sale'.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
You can publish it without it being for sale, I see no reason why you dont but thats up to you

_Ronnie_

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I was just looking at David's post comparing blue with red. The same thing was going through my mind re apples and oranges. On the one hand, apples would be a good domain. It gives the feeling of a pleasant crunch, a fun computer company, Newton's laws of gravity...

On the other hand, oranges make the better juice. They remind you of a successful telecommunications company and are the company colour of a certain European airline.

Which one is better? Oranges are tangy and go with duck, but apples go better with pork.

I added pears to my 'no list' because they are only nice stewed and don't really go with much meat.

All in the name of fun... :)

davidthornton

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by _Ronnie_
I was just looking at David's post comparing blue with red. The same thing was going through my mind re apples and oranges. On the one hand, apples would be a good domain. It gives the feeling of a pleasant crunch, a fun computer company, Newton's laws of gravity...

On the other hand, oranges make the better juice. They remind you of a successful telecommunications company and are the company colour of a certain European airline.

Which one is better? Oranges are tangy and go with duck, but apples go better with pork.

I added pears to my 'no list' because they are only nice stewed and don't really go with much meat.

All in the name of fun... :)

Hi '_Ronnie_'. I see you've just signed up to the forum to make the above post. ;)

Are you the 'Ronnie' from CHC/Detagged/Dropcatcher.co.uk, working in partnership with Chris Holland? ;)

_Ronnie_

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi David!

Congratulations on your perception. You're right - I do work partly with Chris.

FYI, I've been subscribed to this forum since September, but never really bothered to post - too busy with my studies! However, I couldn't let this opportunity slip! :)

Kind regards
'the' Ronnie

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NielUK,

"DropCatcher" is the part that I was referring to as a bit odd.
If you have not figured out why, that is your problem. The majority of posters here certainly DO know why that is a bit of a conflict, maybe because there already IS a company with that name?

NeilUK

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Cartz

Hands up, my mistake, for some reason I always get yours and the wizard service mixed up.

So yes I guess there is a small conflict as such, but I assume its not TM'd and the detagged service dosent actually trade with this term in fact this term is hardly mentioned on the detagged website at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators