Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

enom BR acquisition a disaster - my letter to eNom President

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Enom.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TO: [email protected], [email protected]
DATE: 11/ 21/ 06

Dear Paul,

I have over 350 domains registered at Bulk Register. I am writing to tell you how incredibly unhappy I am as a Bulk Register customer. The acquisition looks botched.

I got the email with the new login and password, when I tried to login, it didn't work.

I tried calling BR support, and the phone just rang. I tried calling eNom support, and it just rang.

I can't log in to my account, and I can't reach anyone at your company. I am very unhappy right now.

Sincerely,

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Enom actually sent you a new username / password?

Interesting ... it sounds like the transition process isn't consistent?

Because when Enom moved my account over the other day, the email simply stated to keep using my old bulkregister handle and password ...

Try logging in at http://bulk.enom.com/ with your old username/password and see if that works.

I have 1,177 domains in my account ... for the moment I'm staying with Enom, but readying to move them out in bulk, if things break and/or the numerous problems aren't fixed soon ...

Today, it appears rebills are working again, but still not for .cn domains - would like to know why some domains don't rebill? -and will the problem be fixed?

A suggestion for Enom: batch renewals and bill them in one transaction; BulkRegister had a system in which they would only charge the member's credit card every 8 hours or so ... reduces paperwork, and would save Enom money since billing every transaction separate must be costing Enom a small fortune.

While on the topic of problems, the listing format is cumbersome and lacks some important details including creation date and last updated date; too much clicking needed to get simple tasks done.

Also, the set defaults screen shown is missing the DNS tab for transitioned BulkRegister users - there's seemingly no way to set default name servers for new registrations.

I'd strongly suggest Enom implementing a "classic" BulkRegister menu view for people who want to manage lots of domains quickly and easily without lots of clicking, flashy graphics, and other nonsense.

Ron

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
So is the problem with BR or Enom?

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've read in other forums a similar thing. Many seem to prefer Bulkregister's
interface over Enom's for a variety of reasons.

This is really something you're going to have to expect now if you haven't yet.
It sucks, but that's reality.

Good thing there are choices.

packeted

DNF Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've been with BulkRegister for the last 6 odd years, but other registrars seem to offer much cheaper renewals now compared with the $12/yr BR charge me. Is there any reason for staying with them besides the inconvenience of transfers?

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BulkRegister's prices (varies considerably on # of domains one has with them) back when they started around 2000 were fantastic compared to NSI, Register.com, etc $35 per year pricing.

Many people, including myself, stayed with BulkRegister despite competitors offering domains for even less because they had a stable interface; felt secure using their system, and believed my domains to be safe there.

Since Enom took over, the system is very unstable, reporting inconsistent, renewals sometimes fail, and customer support is overwhelmed and not responsive; my perception is top management of Enom doesn't really care about what's left of BulkRegister ... and it's debateable whether they care much about Enom itself beyond growing numbers at any cost ... anyone know if Enom is going to be merged / sold soon ... getting that feeling when I see what's happened lately.

But I digress ... at this point, I'm getting better pricing (I pay $8 at Enom now) and more reliable / better service at other registrars ... never imanged that I'd someday be using GoDaddy for many new registrations ... that's how bad Enom has become - there's honestly no compelling reason to pay more with BulkRegister, which is essentially just a husk now - there's no BulkRegister left ... Enom essentially killed it.

Best to move on ... or at minimum, contact Enom (use phone if need be) and demand $8 or less pricing asap.

Ron

D

Deleted member 5660

Dear Mr. Stahura:

I have zero names with ENOM. Thank you for enaging in mail fraud sceme to send phony invoices to my customers. I am glad to hear you merged with the people over at Bulk Idiots ... I mean Bulk Register ... so now I just need to remember to stay away from ENOM and I no longer have to worry about staying away from 2 different companies. Thanks. Job well done!

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2003/12/domainreg.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom