• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Brandability Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

catchiedomains

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2006
Messages
206
Reaction score
0
A while back I was trying to come up with a nice brandable name and thought of using a combination of .ca .net .com so I regged

canetcom.ca
canetcom.net
canetcom.com

I figured it would stand for

Canadian Network & Communications CANETCOM

I currently have it as a cut down version of a dnf template. Does anyone think this may have marketable/brandable potential or am I out to lunch?
 
i like it. From an understanding standpoint people might not know how to spell it if they hear it (k or c?, how many N's?)
 
I dont like domains that end in "com" or "net".

People will probably remember it as simply canet.com.

Not really all that brandable, in my honest opinion.
 
The dot ca version is the best of the lot for look and sound. The .com sounds bad and would probably get missed by users typing canet.com instead.
 
Could work.. with the whole 9 yards though.. Just picture commericials saying " At CanetCom , visit us online at Canetcom dot com
 
Thanks you all make valid points I do appreciate the replies
 
If you like the word 'canet' a lot there is a simple solution; try to buy the domain canet.com.
 
A while back I was trying to come up with a nice brandable name and thought of using a combination of .ca .net .com so I regged

canetcom.ca
canetcom.net
canetcom.com

I figured it would stand for

Canadian Network & Communications CANETCOM

I currently have it as a cut down version of a dnf template. Does anyone think this may have marketable/brandable potential or am I out to lunch?

There is already a company called can-net communications in Canada.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q="can+net+communications"&btnG=Search
 
Ah I googled canadian network and communications and nothing came back, guess it will stand for something different. Thanks for pointing that out.
 
Ah I googled canadian network and communications and nothing came back, guess it will stand for something different. Thanks for pointing that out.


Where should I send my "saved your A** from being sued" billing?:hail:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom