Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

auctions BritainSearch.com, others listed on Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There's just over 2 days to go [as per the time on this post] on the following auctions for domains I've listed on Pool's Domain Marketplace...

britainsearch.com
businesspass.com
ca-domains.com
coeur-d-alene.com
cristalliquido.com
ddr3ram.com
dualmotherboard.com
linksponsors.com
newshost.com
publiclimitedcompanies.com
registrycleaners.com
spellingmistake.com
spellingmistakes.com
thenameservers.com
toptentools.com
undergroundwebsite.com
webcrawling.com
whoissearching.com
wholesaleweddingdresses.com
woodheater.com
workathomeinsurance.com
yournewsletter.com

Domain Summit 2024

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
About an hour left on these...

D

Deleted member 5660

well I won the auction at Pool.com's domain marketplace for spellingmistakes.com. After I won the auction and paid for the domain now I get a notice that the seller (which is you) is now taking the domain back. What is the story?

Pool.com's message to me today:

Response (Jamie H.) - 07/29/2005 11:28 AM
Hello,

I am contacting you in regards to a recent domain purchase you made from our domain marketplace.

The domain in question is spellingmistakes.com

Due to an error on our part that domain appeared for sale on our domain marketplace when in fact the party selling the domain explicitly requested that we no longer list it. We did advise that party that there was a buyer for the domain and that we already received payment, but they confirmed they still wanted their domains back.

Unfortunately we cannot provide you with the domain.

As a result we can offer you the following in exchange.

A) We can credit your Pool.com account in the amount you paid for the domain. The credit in turn would be available towards the payment of your future domain purchases.
B) We can offer you a full refund as this was an error on our part.

There is no possibility we can provide you the domain as it should not have been available for sale when you found them on our domain marketplace.

We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for using Pool.com

Regards,

Pool.com Customer Service

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As I posted in the other thread where you asked about this, you won a "phantom auction" that was never supposed to be running. Check the date of my initial post, then check the date of the auction you "won".

Two full real auction periods (initial auction + free relisting) ran with no bids. The domains were then returned to me (as they were supposed to be) but they were also left listed in the Marketplace as if they were on auction for a 3rd time. Pool support pulled the phantom listings after a couple of days after I alerted them to the problem, though clearly you seem to have "bid" before they did so. Thus you "won" at an artificially low price in an accidental, unnaturally short auction that only "existed" because Pool's back-end system messed up.

As they correctly say: "There is no possibility we can provide you the domain as it should not have been available for sale when you found them on our domain marketplace". It was 100% an error on Pool's part - nothing sinister or underhand at my end. It is blatantly false to claim that I am "taking the domain back" as it was never correctly available in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom