Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

developed BritishComedyForum.com For Sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dear DNFroum. It's that time of year again when money becomes tight and things need to get sold. So here is one of my forums for sale.

Domain names

www.BritishComedyForum.com (Only one set up to show the site)
Registered at NameCheap until 27/8/2006

www.BritishComedyForum.net (Not got redirect set up)
Registered at NameCheap until 27/8/2006

www.BritishComedyForum.co.uk (Not got redirect set up)
Registered at 1and1 until 27/8/2006

What is British Comedy Forum?
As the domain name says, it's a forum that talks about british comedy. Simple :)
From what I have seen, this is one of the only forums if not the ONLY forum available for people to talk about British Comedy of all kinds at one place.

Why am I selling?
The site is a forum. Anyone with a forum will understand that you need time to get a forum active. I am only home at the weekends, and so i have no time to even log onto the site as I am doing 101 things at the weekend.

Why will this site succeed if you buy it?
If you do not have time to devote to a forum, then walk away now. If however you do have time, and if you have an interest in comedy and especially British comedy, then you will be able to build up the traffic on this site, get a following of members, and place some adds on the site. If done correctly, in a couple of months, you could be making an easy $300-500/month. However like I said before, this project requires a bit of time, and although it is not essential, an interest in comedy will help :)

What do I get with the sale?

The domain names listed above.

The forum skin. This was bought from one of the IRC operator from WHT and has only been sold a few times, so this means that although it is not a unique skin design, it is a rare skin to see on the web. I have added a simple AdSense type code to it today to show what it will look like with banners and adds.

A banner to advertise the site with. http://britishcomedyforum.com/bcf.gif

The vBulletin licence which is registered until 30/08/2006 (same time as the domain names)

What is the traffic like at the moment?
The forum has not been used much by me over the time that i had it (since jan this year) but amazingly, it is making an average of around 4,000 unique hits/month which is very impressive for such a new site that has not had any money or time spent on it. If you wish to have a look at the stats, please go to http://www.britishcomedyforum.com/plesk-stat/webstat/.

So then, down to the nitty gritty. The cost.

I am going to open this up for auction style starting at $800 (£450) for around 24h however there is a BIN of $2000 (£1130). Payment would be preferred by Paypal and I will be willing to pay for all of the fees, so there are no hidden costs.

The site is hosted by www.lmhosting.co.uk and I will buy a hosting plan for you with 150mb of space and 4Gb bandwidth allowance per month. This will mean that the site can be transferred directly to your hosting account and will save you having to make backups and restore the site to your other host. This is not compulsory, but just done to make your life easier. Once the site is yours, you are free to move it where you want :)
Please ask all questions via email, IM and PM ONLY. Please leave this thread for bids only. If the question will help others, I will make a reply on this post.

My contact details are :-

AIM = KALYVIDES
MSN = [email protected]
Skype = kalyvides
e-Mail = [email protected]

PM via DNforum is preferred.

Happy bidding :party:

Bazza

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your kind words.

I think that it is this time of year. The time I need the money is the same time that everyone else does, lol.

Is anyone else interested in this site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom