• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Bug? Can't remove or change profile picture

AcousticWhisper

New Member
Joined
May 3, 2018
Messages
9
Reaction score
7
I signed up for this forum using an email address that I use in several other places. Automatically a picture that I own was uploaded to my DNForum account as my profile picture without my knowledge or consent. I do not want this picture as my profile picture, but I cannot see any settings to remove or change it. I have emailed the site admin weeks ago but received no response. Can anyone help?
 
Upvote 0
Hi

We have received no email from you I am afraid. Not from the email associated with your account nor any others as far as I was able to discern. I have removed your current Avatar though I never heard of the issue you are describing. I have asked my coder to look into it, but as far as I know we have no function that can upload custom avatars to user profiles. But will keep you posted.
 
Hi Castion,

Thanks for removing my avatar. I think it either came from Microsoft Office or some other avatar-sharing service, but I have no idea which. It just appeared after I logged in for the first time.

As for the email I sent it through the contact form located at https://www.dnforum.com/misc/contact
But all's well that ends well!

Regards
 
Well turns out you are right. We had a function tied to something called "Gravatar" that looked for avatars associated with your email. I have since turned that function off.

But your contact email is not amongst the many many submitted through "contact". So not sure what went wrong there, you sure you hit submit?
 
Back
Top Bottom