• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

<< Bye Bye Registerfly >>

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainsusi

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
May 22, 2004
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
0
For those of you who don't know - here is part of an email I received from eNom:


**************
This is a formal notice to owners of domains which have been registered through eNom via its reseller, RegisterFly.com.

YOU MUST TAKE ACTION NOW TO RETAIN FULL MANAGEMENT RIGHTS TO YOUR DOMAIN NAME.

Although you purchased your name at RegisterFly, eNom is the actual registrar of record for your domains. As we are severing our relationship with RegisterFly, we are aware that this may have an impact on you as the domain owner.

****************
 
registerfly should have died 2 years ago, they have already won the lottery for surviving this long. I would love to buy a book if the owner(s) of registerfly write a topic like: risk management, being immune to all lawsuits, etc.
 
Glad me never made a account there!
 
I receved same letter too. Good bye, regfly!
 
So what do I need to do to get the names back to enom? Registerfly is down again... I already lost many good domains and I want to put a stop at it... Also, do you have any idea how I can renew names that expired already at registerfly? They keep taken money from my credit but never renew my domains...

Thanks.
 
I just got this email from eNom:

This is a formal notice to owners of domains which have been registered through eNom via its reseller, RegisterFly.com.

YOU MUST TAKE ACTION NOW TO RETAIN FULL MANAGEMENT RIGHTS TO YOUR DOMAIN NAME.

Although you purchased your name at RegisterFly, eNom is the actual registrar of record for your domains. As we are severing our relationship with RegisterFly, we are aware that this may have an impact on you as the domain owner.
Therefore we would like to offer this opportunity to assist you in securing control of your domain name directly with eNom.

Over the last year, eNom has become aware of an increasing number of complaints from dissatisfied RegisterFly customers.

As an eNom reseller, RegisterFly is contractually bound to adhere to certain standards of customer service in a speedy and diligent manner. Therefore, effective immediately, we have terminated RegisterFly as a reseller of domain names through eNom.

Our records indicate that you are the registrant contact for [number removed] domains.

HOW TO SECURE CONTROL OF YOUR DOMAIN NAMES

Create a free account at eNom using the link below. Your domain names will automatically be moved to the eNom control panel where you will immediately have the ability to manage your domain(s).
In addition, these domains will receive a discounted renewal rate.

[link removed]

There is no charge for this service, as eNom is already the registrar of record for your domains. Please reference our list of frequently asked questions page http://www.enom.com/migrate/faq.asp for additional information.
We look forward to helping you feel more secure about your domain management.

eNom, Inc.
http://www.eNom.com
former registrar for RegisterFly.com


P.S.: IMPORTANT! If no action is taken, you may no longer be able to renew your domain name or manage it in 30 days.
The domain name will remain registered in your name at eNom until it expires. Please take action immediately. Thank you.

RegisterFly.com doesn't work anymore either. The good news is that any of your RegFly domains are now a bit safer. The bad news is that it will cost you $30 a year to renew them with eNom...
 
007 there is another thread with the same discussion
 
So I am wondering how this will affect their registration figures... I guess there are quite many names still on the Enom platform.
 
I assume there discounted rate is less than $30, and if you prepay them, you can get a discount as well. I never used them, but have heard lots of negative things from them.
 
can they just take registerfly's customers like that lol
 
Yes they can because RegFly customers are eNom customers. RegFly was a reseller of eNom.

I have a nice big blog post that I was working on just last week documenting a live support experience I was having with them. It couldn't have gone worse so it will be nice to have this new info when I finish the article. :-)
 
There is a God!!! I actually never had issues with them. I never actually used the account except when I needed to transfer a sold domain.
 
Yes they can because RegFly customers are eNom customers. RegFly was a reseller of eNom.

I have a nice big blog post that I was working on just last week documenting a live support experience I was having with them. It couldn't have gone worse so it will be nice to have this new info when I finish the article. :-)

well with 2 million customers you would think enom would work something out with registerfly. You just don't get 2 million customers for free.
 
It's only on the names still registered from when they were with eNom. My email said 2 names and I think I only have 1 still at regfly via eNom but if they say 2 I'll be glad to take the other whatever it is. :) I have several hundred other non-enom. This isn't the first time eNom has done this with one of their resellers/partners either. Atleast one of the clubdrop catchers has had the same happen that I know of.
 
Finally all the spam I've been getting from regfly for domains I no longer hold there will stop!
 
I know what you mean Acroplex.. I have names in the expired folder that have long been transferred out. they send me renewal notices too. They're not the only ones who do that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom