Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld .CA Canada/California

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianccc

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I reasearched the Cities in California with a population above 75,000 people
and of over 100 listed cities I was able to regg only 9 of them.

Most California cities use the "ci.cityname.ca.us" this must be the domain allotted to cities there and most of the names listed have the .COM parked

So I will see if I generate any typin traffic - Does anyone else have any experience with CaliforniaType .CA domains - After the Hollywood.CA domain had a bid of $14,000 it got me to wondering.

I looked at the CIRA site and read the rules/regs - the protected/reserved city names were only to be a temporary situation - why cant CIRA do what California does and designate a city.cityname.ca rather than cityname.ca

~ian

Beaker

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think you'll do well with those. I have a few californian .ca's and they do pretty well on typins.

spidergoat

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have;

malibubeach.ca
hermosabeach.ca
pacificgrove.ca

and I really like them. they get a bit of traffic. also probably some the most exclusive real estate in the US. who wouldn't want a @malibubeach.ca email address?:)

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If .ca is opened up to anyone to buy (not just Canadian presence), there 'might' be an increase in California-related .ca buys. I live in BC, and if there was a .bc extension somewhere else in the world that was open and reasonably priced, I'd be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom