• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale .CA Canada/California

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianccc

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
41
I reasearched the Cities in California with a population above 75,000 people
and of over 100 listed cities I was able to regg only 9 of them.

Most California cities use the "ci.cityname.ca.us" this must be the domain allotted to cities there and most of the names listed have the .COM parked

So I will see if I generate any typin traffic - Does anyone else have any experience with CaliforniaType .CA domains - After the Hollywood.CA domain had a bid of $14,000 it got me to wondering.

I looked at the CIRA site and read the rules/regs - the protected/reserved city names were only to be a temporary situation - why cant CIRA do what California does and designate a city.cityname.ca rather than cityname.ca

~ian
 
I think you'll do well with those. I have a few californian .ca's and they do pretty well on typins.
 
I have;

malibubeach.ca
hermosabeach.ca
pacificgrove.ca

and I really like them. they get a bit of traffic. also probably some the most exclusive real estate in the US. who wouldn't want a @malibubeach.ca email address?:)
 
thanks for the replies folks, I even tried the County names and there all gone also
 
If .ca is opened up to anyone to buy (not just Canadian presence), there 'might' be an increase in California-related .ca buys. I live in BC, and if there was a .bc extension somewhere else in the world that was open and reasonably priced, I'd be interested.
 
WE have malibu.ca and a couple of others all of which do ok for typeins and conversions.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom