Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld .ca domain auctions at Godaddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebutler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used Godaddy to auction off some .ca domains? I want to contact some potential end users and say the domain is currently available on auction at WHATEVER company. The fees are fine I'm just wondering about the transfer process if the domains not a Godaddy.

Thanks
Dave

thebutler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I thought it was 10% but I'm more worried about them screwing up/understanding the transfer process.
Thanks
Dave

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't recommend godaddy for auctions and/or transfers. I bought a couple of .CA's recently through godaddy auctions, one was registered at Godaddy, the other was at another registrar. However, with both names, just the admin contact was transferred to me. The old owners remained listed as the Registrant. Not a big deal for me as I will transfer them out to a registrar that knows how the .CA registry works after the 60day hold expires. But to an end user, this could be a big problem.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I keep hearing this about Godaddy and .ca domains, you'd think by now they would know how the .ca system works for transfers. I'm sure they do enough of these to have got it working properly.

Ofcourse, if they opened the extension up to anyone it would fix this problem.

Puckerhuddle

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Go daddy sent me an unsolicited offer on a domain a while back. I countered and the name went into one of their auction formats. I know that the system is very automated but they lost a deal. There was no ability for me to communicate with said buyer and I took it off the auction after the next counter offer. If you are going to broker a name there needs to be an avenue of communications.

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom