• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale .ca domain auctions at Godaddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebutler

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2006
Messages
309
Reaction score
13
Has anyone used Godaddy to auction off some .ca domains? I want to contact some potential end users and say the domain is currently available on auction at WHATEVER company. The fees are fine I'm just wondering about the transfer process if the domains not a Godaddy.

Thanks
Dave
 
transfers= TERRIBLE
fees = 30%

better off at eBay to find end users
 
I thought it was 10% but I'm more worried about them screwing up/understanding the transfer process.
Thanks
Dave
 
...
I don't recommend godaddy for auctions and/or transfers. I bought a couple of .CA's recently through godaddy auctions, one was registered at Godaddy, the other was at another registrar. However, with both names, just the admin contact was transferred to me. The old owners remained listed as the Registrant. Not a big deal for me as I will transfer them out to a registrar that knows how the .CA registry works after the 60day hold expires. But to an end user, this could be a big problem.
 
I keep hearing this about Godaddy and .ca domains, you'd think by now they would know how the .ca system works for transfers. I'm sure they do enough of these to have got it working properly.

Ofcourse, if they opened the extension up to anyone it would fix this problem.
 
Go daddy sent me an unsolicited offer on a domain a while back. I countered and the name went into one of their auction formats. I know that the system is very automated but they lost a deal. There was no ability for me to communicate with said buyer and I took it off the auction after the next counter offer. If you are going to broker a name there needs to be an avenue of communications.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom