Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed Cameraman(dot)com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I run a video production department and often hire camera operators in different cities. The phrase "cameraman" typically isn't used in professional circles. I wouldn't want to hire someone from "cameraman.com" because it sounds too amateur...

I think it would be a great site for a wedding videographer. It is a big business.

BTW..

Why do people not actually use the "." when posting in a forum? Does it devalue the name? monetize?

Name,com or Name(.)com instead of name.com?

thanks

Thats because you don't want your name to be listed by search engines. This appraisal here can be used against DNP when he's making a sale.

And btw, in movies, the term used is always 'Cameraman' and not 'Camera Operator'. Just look at the end credits of any movie. As a movie maker, I can tell you that the cameraman is the 5th most important person in the entire unit (after the director, lead actors, producer, screenwriter and the cinematographer, who usually is also the cameraman).

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Appreciated your feedback, Puranjay.
-DNP-

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cameraman.com
ovt/w 0
Ovt 1077 or 3750 depending on Camera Man or CameraMan search.
Traffic is very low to non existant according to some tools I use to judge ( do you have any stats )
Comparisons show names such as this sale for Low to mid $XXXX according to my research. Example FreeCameras.com $2500 / Camera.mobi $5450 / NannyCameras.com $4700 etc.

In order to even receive 5 figures you have to find either the end user or a reseller who loves the name regardless of the numbers and wishes to develope etc.

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cameraman.com
ovt/w 0
Traffic is very low to non existant according to some tools I use to judge ( do you have any stats )
Comparisons show names such as this sale for Low to mid $XXXX according to my research. Example FreeCameras.com $2500 / Camera.mobi $5450 / NannyCameras.com $4700 etc.

In order to even receive 5 figures you have to find either the end user or a reseller who loves the name regardless of the numbers and wishes to develope etc.

Are you comparing dictionary one world .com name regged in 1995 with NannyCameras.com and .mobi extension names?! :lol I already received few offers in the 5 digits range that haven't been accepted.
Thanks for the input, anyway...

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you comparing dictionary one world .com name regged in 1995 with NannyCameras.com and .mobi extension names?! :lol:
Thanks for the input, anyway...

I assume you dont like the reality of my opinion. I do not base opinions on anything but facts, the fact is you own a name which " looks good " , being a one word has NOTHING to do with it , I would value it still at low to mid $XXXX based on such. To achieve 5 figures the traffic and global search need to be there remove the .mobi and still the evaluation is the same. You can always prove me wrong and put it up for sale :) All the best.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do not make any assumptions, base your opinion on facts :yes:

Why should I bother?

Name the last 5 figure sale you made to a reseller with stats like this ...

Cameraman.com
ovt/w 0

My opinion is based on the hard numbers, not wishes and lucky sales. I have NEVER sold a name for 5 figures with such low numbers ( and I believe I sale a fair number of 5 figure names a month and have a feel for what it takes ). There is always a end user who as I stated may pay five figures , to a reseller I dont think it could, that is all I am saying. In fact I am the only one who gave an opinion of value based on numbers and not end user dream sales.

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

FYI: Type in traffic is 30-50 unique visitors / day and there is a small but stable revenue as well.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think JP is just trying to lowball you...I've seen it so many times before from the scrap chasers ;)

Nice quality generic .com it's worth at least low to mid xx,xxx so don't listen to the static..I think your domains and sales speak for themselves..this is a very memorable domain with broad applications in many businesses.

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think DNP knows name values far better himself to be led by any low ball offers. Fact remains that this is a great brandable name, not only a generic one word name. This is the youtube generation folks, where 'cameramen' are all over the place.

Another thing, Hollywood has some tons of very very rich cameramen/cinematographers. I'm dead certain one of them wouldn't mind shelling out some pretty pennies just as a vanity domain. If I were you, I would really spend some time at IMDB and lookup the cinematographers and directors of major movies, then contacting them individually.

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i would agree with those who say that the term is rarely used in professional circles these days. now they use words like cinematographer, operator, camera operator, director of photography, photographer (yes, even for film and video they sometime use term photographer). 10-15 years ago this would have been huge. still, for all the legacy reasons, and for wide understanding of the term in film and video industry, and for instant credibility in competitive field, in today's domain market i'd also put it around 20k.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think JP is just trying to lowball you...I've seen it so many times before from the scrap chasers ;)

I have in no way made an offer on this name and have no intention to do so. Nor have I chased any " scrap " on this forum prior. Thank you

J

JDN

I would also think it's 25k+ for this one.
And to answer comisco90, the reason people stay away from the "." is for google spiders.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mmmm sounds good but it's only worth what someone is willing to pay and to be fair to JP he has the decency to value the domain in what he thinks it's worth which you asked for.I mean i remember one member posting a domain on the appraisal section,i think the best he got was around $100 i posted reg fee but anyway cut a long story short he had already sold it for $17.5k and the plral was still available at reg fee,so give JP his due respect otherwise he may not appraise for you again and every feedback should be noted,anyway my opinion is 3-5k at least i would pay this for it.

Remember some people appraise on here and when it's posted for sale no one is to be
seen,i mean check out shopg.com appraisal it started out in the x,xxx range down to $75.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, well some names have obvious high generic value...no comparison here to "shopg.com" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom