Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

enom Can Enom Reseller Steal My Domains??????

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Enom.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 111831

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi-

I took an offer here at DNF from a member offering a 'free' Enom reseller account. I have had it for a couple of months with no problems however now when I try to login to my account the password has been changed - and so has the security question.

It is possible I simply forgot the password and the reseller created the security question when he made my account - however it is not helping matters that he is not responding to my emails or PM's (even though I see he has logged onto DNF!) - and I am starting to get worried, as one of the domains is for a live site that is very important to me.

So can an Enom reseller simply steal somebodys domains? What can be done if he tries to pull something shady? I called Enom for help getting access to my account and they said they can't do anything about it - and were very evasive when I asked them what could be done if this reseller stole my domains - they would not give me a direct answer.............

Thanks!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
a parent account can only view the domains in sub-accounts.

they cannot edit any of your profile information.

they can however, send you the login and password info, just by clicking a link for that particular sub-account.

i suggest you go back and try to find any past emails from enom to find your login info

Deleted member 111831

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But he is the one who setup my account. He sent me the username and password. He set the security question.

I do not know the answer to the security question and it is not something I would ever choose as a security question. Maybe I forgot my password - but I had it saved on my computer and the saved password is not working...

He also is not replying to my ****ing PM's or emails which is not helping..............

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi-

I took an offer here at DNF from a member offering a 'free' Enom reseller account. I have had it for a couple of months with no problems however now when I try to login to my account the password has been changed - and so has the security question.

It is possible I simply forgot the password and the reseller created the security question when he made my account - however it is not helping matters that he is not responding to my emails or PM's (even though I see he has logged onto DNF!) - and I am starting to get worried, as one of the domains is for a live site that is very important to me.

So can an Enom reseller simply steal somebodys domains? What can be done if he tries to pull something shady? I called Enom for help getting access to my account and they said they can't do anything about it - and were very evasive when I asked them what could be done if this reseller stole my domains - they would not give me a direct answer.............

Thanks!
Yes, they can and have.

I lost three LLN.com's.

I had never used or heard of eNom years ago.

Seller set up an account for me.

There was this bizarre tiered structure.

Anyways, when I went to transfer the names out, the auth code had to come from the person who set the account up for me.

He never responded to any email or requests from the gaining registrar.

This was perhaps 6-8 years ago.

Only recently did I start accepting a name to an eNom account. And again I had issues. They were placing names into expired rather than transfer in a timely manner. I had started another thread on this. The first girl I talked to at eNom told me they could not transfer as they were now expired. I had to renew them with eNom at $29.95 each, is what she told me. After speaking with someone at the gaining registrar (enom delayed transfer by nearly 2 weeks) I had the names in my account in less than 24 hours. A total of 19 including the 9 that this girl told me I could not transfer.

I hate eNom.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If this is a "Reseller" account and not "Retail", the answer is NO, they can not change your password settings... They CAN however do it on a "Retail" account.

Which do you have?

Deleted member 111831

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The WHOIS is private for these domains - I sent an email to the privacy email address listed for these domains - AND I DID NOT RECEIVE IT!!

I AM PRETTY SURE THIS GUY HAS STOLEN MY DOMAINS

WHAT DO I DO????????

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Call enom, but don't expect much help.

In my case, I think I lost about 40 bucks each on those domains.

I never got the domains.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The WHOIS is private for these domains - I sent an email to the privacy email address listed for these domains - AND I DID NOT RECEIVE IT!!

I AM PRETTY SURE THIS GUY HAS STOLEN MY DOMAINS

WHAT DO I DO????????

If your reseller entered your account via their own account, Enom should have a record of it. Again, was your account "Retail" or "Reseller"?

Deleted member 111831

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
phew

false alarm. he got back to my email and pm and i have access to my account - everything is fine.

i will be pushing these domains very soon though.................

thanks for the advice everybody

edit: well when i try to login it says 'your account has been disabled' so we'll see what happens - hopefully its just a glitch and it does not take him 5 days to respond.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom