Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

can not cancel transaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here we go again.

I (as well as most people here) can not cancel a transaction.

This is a HUGE repeat HUGE bug that has been discussed here many times.
What is the purpose of the cancel negotiations button when it doesn work!???

it simply states that you must enter a number before you cancel.
so i did.
and the error repeats and repeats...

This is really a shame.

I entered a very high profile domain that I own 24 hours ago and already received 2 offers in 24 hours from the time I entered it.
I am not happy with the offers, and I do not want to even reply with a counter offer.

FIX THE CANCEL BUTTON PLEASE!

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's what you do ... pop in an ask of like 999999999 ... wait for upto 7 days for their offer to expire, and then delete the entry. Worked for me.

Ron

p.s. if you want to send the Sedo and the buyer a message ... update the domain name description ... I put all sorts of stuff about Sedo problems in one of mine I couldn't delete - it was a featured listing too; shows how few people must view those since no one complained - it stayed up for the whole week. LOL!

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks valuenames, but we had this same discussion about a month ago right here.

The point is, I dont want to have pffers for $800 for a name that they have appraised at $XXXXXX.

I dont want to reply with $6 trilion dollars either, because,
1) it is wrong,
2) it is binding for 7 days (it doesnt matter if it is a ridiculous amount like 999999999999999
3) I now have 3 open offers for the same domain
4) there is a button there that says 'cancel'.
Why on Earth is it there if we have to create all sorts of acrobatic web manipulations to *attempt* to make it work, only to realize it doesnt.

After soooooo long of supporting Sedo, I have just about had it, and getting ready to pack up and go.

I could right a book with emails from Sedo that would embarass their own managers if they read them.
But that isnt my purpose.
I wish that what started out as a noble and super company, which in the past I defended against people saying it was just another euro experiment bound to go down, that they would not make that prophecy come true.

skylight

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i have mention this too previously.
You cant cancel the negotiation the 1st time.

It seems like the current solution is counter with a price. When the buyer counter offer again, cancel it. I always does this.
Or
Ignore the offer and let it expire for after 7 days.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, all these tricks are great, but....

there is a cancel button there.

Why on EARTH is it THERE if it doesnt work?

Maybe I want to sent a message to the potential buyer by cancelling instead of counter offering a trillion $.
its a strategy, its fair, and it works, but not at sedo.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
yes, all these tricks are great, but....

there is a cancel button there.

Why on EARTH is it THERE if it doesnt work?

Because Sedo, for the most part, doesn't work. Sedo started off strong, but in recent months growth and arrogance has caught up to them; cultural differences doesn't help matters either, but I digress.

Maybe I want to sent a message to the potential buyer by cancelling instead of counter offering a trillion $.
its a strategy, its fair, and it works, but not at sedo.

Try updating the text description for the listing - and in there explain why the price has been set so rediculously high, and add a url/email, etc where you may be contacted directly.

Ron

Reaction score
You should also remember that by countering an offer with a silly amount like that you are setting yourself up for potential udrp/drs based on bad-faith registration. This was my main gripe with sedo's sale system and, as my domains are traffic-based, one that caused me to have the for sale sign removed from all my domains.
On a sidenote are sedo going to respond to *any* of the complaints/questions here? If this section is not read by them perhaps we could be pointed in the direction where they will actually respond to legitimate concerns.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
melitaweb, thats what I mean by having reasons.

Thats it for me, I am prepaisng my bags...
and...
one of the worlds best PPC advice domains will be reporting these events.
I just happen to own that domain :)

I fought for sedo very much in 2003, now...
they got someone who was for them to turn against them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom