Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Can we search the SIGNATURES of DNF Members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

godolphin

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I want to be able to search the Signatures of DNF Members.

Example 1: some people write in their signatures that they are looking to invest in LLL.com - I want to be able to do a quick search involving the keyword and find the DNF members who have written "Always looking for LLL.com to invest - PM me" or something similar.

Example 2: some people are content writers on DNF and they mention it in their signature, it would be very easy for us to find such content writers via DNF Signature Search feature.

This would be a good add on, IMO. If it is already there let me know where / how to do it on DNF :)

Upvote 0

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

if you enter the phrase "looking to invest in LLL.com " in the search feature, the results will show quite a few members who were/ or may still be seeking names in this category.

and from that, it's logical to assume, that some of those same members may have a similar link in their signature....if they are still looking.

imo...

Chuck

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I want to be able to search the Signatures of DNF Members.

Example 1: some people write in their signatures that they are looking to invest in LLL.com - I want to be able to do a quick search involving the keyword and find the DNF members who have written "Always looking for LLL.com to invest - PM me" or something similar.

Example 2: some people are content writers on DNF and they mention it in their signature, it would be very easy for us to find such content writers via DNF Signature Search feature.

This would be a good add on, IMO. If it is already there let me know where / how to do it on DNF :)

I'm not sure that there is a way to search just the signatures, but can keep it in mind going forward.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Chuck

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's how I'd do it...

Google indexes forum threads on DNForum as whole pages; postings, ads, signatures, and all.

Since a search on Google for "buying LLL.com domains" might turn up hundreds of thousands of results, you'll want to target your search to dnforum.com specifically.

So, when you go to Google, type in "your search here site:dnforum.com".

That way, the words "your search here" will be sought on JUST dnforum.com, and nowhere else.

I tested this theory with the phrase from my signature; "women lie, men lie, numbers don't lie", and site:dnforum.com.

The quantity of results lined right up with how many posts I have on the forum. Which is rather fitting.

Hopefully when you do this, it will allow you to pinpoint those users whose signatures indicate a search which you wish to help them out with.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was about to say Google too. Maxwell is correct because I have also tested it first-hand with my own signature a while back.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Signatures can be images and they can be altered several times a day, so it's a moot point. The Wanted section would be a better place to look for buyers.

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Signatures can be images and they can be altered several times a day, so it's a moot point. The Wanted section would be a better place to look for buyers.

Which assumes that the appropriate threads do not get pushed down into the abyss.

A signature is visible on all posts, which is why it is a very useful method to make a particular string of text constantly present.

Image-based signatures are not that common.

Also, you have to consider, if one removes a "buying LLL.com" notice from their signature, perhaps that's because they're no longer buying? It does not interest me to find former buyers of what I have to sell.

If the OP does have an LLL.com to sell, however, they are in demand, so I'm thinking he should post it in public to get bids from anybody on the forum.

godolphin

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure that there is a way to search just the signatures, but can keep it in mind going forward.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Chuck

Thanks Chuck!

Thanks for your tip Maxwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom