• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Can you come up with $10,000...right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockefeller

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2005
Messages
8,011
Reaction score
58
I just read a survey that says that only 1 out of 10 people can come up with $10,000 right now. This isn't including a loan or credit cards, just $10k in cold hard cash. Can you?
 
I'd say yes but then every one would hit me up for a loan.

Got great investments that are paying off...virtual and "real" real estate.
 
I can....domain money...
 
To be honest, I would have thought that the number would be much lower than that. We're talking 10%. Got a link to that survey? I would like to take a look at the demographics.

In my area, most people live from pay check to paycheck.

I can....domain money...
Sorry, you got less than $6500 DNF$$$ :lol:

If I give you mine we'll have 10K together. Do we win a prize???
 
To be honest, I would have thought that the number would be much lower than that. We're talking 10%. Got a link to that survey? I would like to take a look at the demographics.

In my area, most people live from pay check to paycheck.

Sorry, you got less than $6500 DNF$$$:lol:

Well, it was actually on TV...these were random people on the street walking by, just 1 out of 10 people.
 
It's funny, but I bet there are a lot of forum members with paypal balances over 10k...from domaining.


I also agree with Doc...that most people live paycheck to paycheck. I would have thought that number would be 1 in 1000.
 
It's funny, but I bet there are a lot of forum members with paypal balances over 10k...from domaining.


I also agree with Doc...that most people live paycheck to paycheck. I would have thought that number would be 1 in 1000.

That reminds me of something else, I also heard on TV recently that 70% of people in the US live paycheck to paycheck...hmmm.
 
I also agree with Doc...that most people live paycheck to paycheck. I would have thought that number would be 1 in 1000.
Maybe not quite that steep but I would think perhaps 5% +/-. But, there are many affluent people in the country also.

Overall, the economy is doing poorly in some areas.
 
Wow, 10k noway that would take years to save..lol ;)
 
Yep, always try and keep at least 50 Liquid
 
isn't the average income in the states something like 26k/year.
 
I could never come up with 10k, but ha being poor means if we go into a recession I'm good to go right. :)
 
lol, actually now it's Glock, Beretta, FH Herstal, Mossberg, Colt, & H&K ;)
So you'll always have the means for "getting" 10,000 cash. May take more than one stop but all in a night's work.

I like Beretta. Have one 9mm about 30 years old now. Still sweet. Other than that, Ruger, Benelli, Savage, Stoeger, Thompson Arms.
 
lol you guys love your guns.

I cant even think of a single person i know locally who even has 1 gun!
 
Hold on. going to the bank when its closed. be back soon!
 
It takes money to make money... I am sure many of you can liquidate your asset such as domains... many of you have over $10k of cash. :) Nowadays, nobody keeps money under their pillow or in a low interested paid saving account anymore...
 
Well, it was actually on TV...these were random people on the street walking by, just 1 out of 10 people.

Was this a nationwide survey? and what age groups did they target? Ask people in Bel Air or Beverly Hills and I'm sure you'll get a higher number vs asking people in downtown Los Angeles or Hicksville USA,

I think the middle class is way over extended, families earning near 150K a year and living pay check to pay check, buying homes they can barely afford + cars and other toys, not much is left when all is paid at the end of the month, I have many friends that are in this situation, they owe so much that they cant save. As for me, I never discuss what we earn or what we owe, because it usually causes problems, when ever we sell a domain for a large sum, we NEVER tell....I dont think its wise to flash it to your friends who are less fortunate.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom