• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale can you transfer a name within 30 days of expiration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2003
Messages
125
Reaction score
0
or do you have to renew it first? My names are at NameCheap if that makes any difference.

I have quite a few names coming up for renewal that I have been interested in selling but have been putting it off.
 
Namecheap transfers to ENOM are processed almost the same day sometimes within hours. All depends on when it's automated to go through b/c all it entails is basically a push since they are an enom reseller. As far as other registrars I don't know as my domains are coming into enom and not out. (course .biz & .us may float out later if their price stays at $6.95 for renewals) :charming:
 
If you are talking about ownership transfer within NameCheap, then I think it's fine even within a couple of days; however, if you would like to transfer it AWAY from NameCheap (even to other eNom resellers), then you'll have to leave at least 5 or 7 days just to be on the safe side since eNom does NOT send out verification e-mail but simply wait for 5 days to let go.
 
Everytime I try to transfer out of Dotster with only 30 days before renewal.
They seem to alway say that it is locked. Eventhough, I made sure it wasn't locked.
 
I have been transferring names from godaddy.com, 000domains and dotster to enom, and I normally have no problems even during the last 7 days.
 
dotNetKing said:
I have been transferring names from ....... dotster to enom, and I normally have no problems even during the last 7 days.

I just initiated a transfer of 12 names from Dotster to Enom that has 30 to 45 days til renewal.

Lets see how many make it thru the system. I have a love/hate relationship with Dotster. :-D
 
Oh ... talking about last minute transfer out, I just had a really good experience with Network Solutions that I actually did that with only 7 days left there.
 
I have had no problems.. I have actually been able to transfer some names that were EXPIRED.

-Bob
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom